The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Forum Poll: The Best Albums and Songs of 1984

Good lists, no complaints here. One error that makes very little difference is that you gave my points for the Smiths' debut to Hateful of Hollow.

Stefan, in my song list you gave 25 points to "Frank Zappa - Truck Driver Divorce", instead of "Cocteau Twins - Ivo", which would reach #16.
I also voted "Prefab Sprout - When Love Breaks Down", and I think you added it at Slush's list

Stephan, thanks for another poll year. Great work! I just wish "Treasure" would have made the top 10.

You still don't regret that you let people vote for 20 albums and songs, instead of 10?

A little bit, but it's not that bad.

apparently Greg isn't eligible anymore since he voted twice last time... firm but fair..

Damn, that ís shameful. Luckily the only change in the top 10's is Bruce Springsteen's Born In The U.S.A. climbing one spot, but I will have to commit seppuku now.

Edited, sorry Greg.

no worries, stephan

thanks, nj

Somehow over the past 24 years I'd never heard Lou Reed's New Sensations, but I finally gave it a listen yesterday--too late to include it in my list for 1984--and after a couple of spins I have to say I'm very surprised to see that it showed up on nobody's list but Snusmumrik's. I don't know how well it will hold up to repeated listens, but I have to say so far I'm enjoying it immensely.

1 2