Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beck - Chemtrails

Beck's new single available for streaming on his website, or adio download on youtube.

If the rest of his new album Modern Guilt is half as kool as this song, I know without a doubt it'll be one of the very best albums of the year.

I definately have to give props to the bass player and the drummer for kicking some serious ass.

Re: Beck - Chemtrails

It's awesome that Beck is finally switching gears. He's been boring for awhile now and the greatness always came from his chameleon nature and that he could make anything sound good. I'm very excited for this.

I think he has had his downs, but I think his downs are most musicians ups. Beck is a master, and I think this album will accomplish what I think he set out for information to do. I think its gunns be more of a pop/rock record appose to information's rap centre. I think we're gunna be in for a more STRANGE APPARATIONS sound. I think he'll finally have a number 1 record again.

Mellow Gold 4.5/5
Odelay 5/5
Midnight Voltures 4/5
Guero 4/5
Sea Change 5/5
The Information 4/5

That's as steady a career as they come.

Is there a reason you completely left off Mutations?

lol...My bad. Love Mutations. 4.5/5

I knew I was forgetting something. I shoulda just went over to my cd wall and checked.

I'd go:

Mellow Gold 4/5
Odelay 5/5
Mutations 5/5
Midnite Vultures 3.5/5
Sea Change 3/5
Guero 2.5/5
The Information 2/5

A slow decline since Mutations, but at least with Midnite Vultures and Sea Change he tried on new suits. Guero and The Information were boring and stale.

*golden feelings:1.5
*a western harvest field by moonlight: 3.0
*stereopathetic soul manure: 2.0
*mellow gold:3.5
*one foot in the grave:4.0
*odelay:4.0
*mutations:3.0
*midnite vultures:4.5
*sea change:4.5
*guero:3.5
*the information:2.5

my boyfriend does worship eVERYthing from mr. hansen. which means full access to beck's back (catalogue) to me, but claiming "I can't hardly wait for his next output" gets really close to expectations toward an Uwe Boll movie that's supposedly ok.

Uwe Boll is always going to be bad. I'd say Michael Bay.

too bad Bay's not that much into clenched fist exposures as Boll is... but what about Lionel, Meat Loaf & Megan Fox in a hi-key shocking stocking teaser competition??

albeit, adding a clip like this doesn't make much sense either... I could be better than I are, I could be swinging on a fish

stereopathetic - 2.5
mellow gold - 3.5
one foot in the grave - 4.5
odelay - 4
mutations - 3.5
midnite vultures - 4.5
sea change - 4
guero - 3
the information - 4

...too enthuastic about hilariously bad movies I could watch over and over again... Greg, you're my man. "One Foot In The Grave" is criminally disregarded

I'm one of the few owners of "a western harvest field by moonlight", an early Beck album released only in vynil.
I'm glad to see that Netjade own it too
My favourite Beck records are :
1. Midnite vultures
2. Odelay
3. Mellow gold
4. One foot in the grave

I don't like the records he made after "Midnite vultures".