Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Today's Headline

If anybody has hotmail one of their headlines was about the grrl brit invasion with Amy Whinehouse, Lady Soverign, Lily Allen, Kate Nash, Kate Walsh, Estelle, Adele(not from Grey Anatomy?) and Duffy. Who would be considered the woman that started this trend of the neo soul/r&b/Hiphop/wallofsound genre? When I first heard Duffy I thought it was a new Gossip song. I know Beth isn't English but being that they're huge in the UK it seems like her voice is being used as an influencial part of the brit chick movement. I also think Ms. Dynamite played a big part in these ladies' success. She was pretty different than most of the britrock bands of the early 00s being soulful and bluesier than just about any brit that came out at the time.

Top 10 Most Influencial Females in Rock

Ouch! That bombed :-( I'll stay on Britian but who would you feel are the top 10 most influencial Grrl Brits of all time. Here's my list in case this thread bombs again.
1. Kate Bush
2. Dusty Springfield
3. Siouxie Sioux
4. Marianne Faithful
5. PJ Harvey
6. Amy Whinehouse
7. Liz Frasier
8. Beth Gibbons
9. Beth Orton
10. Alison Goldfrapp

Re: Today's Headline

Annie Lennox definitely belongs in that list!

1. Petula Clark
2. Sandie Shaw
3. Poly Styrene (X-Ray Spex)
4. PJ Harvey
5. Alison Goldfrapp
6. Marianne Faithful
7. Dusty Springfield
8. Justine Frischmann (Elastica)
9. Lily Allen
10. I can't really think of any more that I really like. Lulu and Jackie DeShannon maybe. I'm sure I'm missing some.

Does anybody know Candie Payne ?
She has released a very good album last year. She's a from Liverpool and she's got a real Mersey sound.
She's far better IMO than all the Puffy/Adele/Nash/Allen/Winehouse from the brit-female wave.

Anyway, the greatest one is Dusty.

Does anyone actually (own)/like the Baby Charles album?

Rats! Annie Lennox. What was I thinking. I was thinking maybe the girl from Stereolab should be included but she's French

1. Kate Bush
2. Dusty Springfield
3. PJ Harvey
4. Siouxie Sioux
5. Annie Lennox
6. Marianne Faithful
7. Petula Clark
8. Amy Whinehouse
9. Liz Frasier
10.Beth Gibbons

1. Posh
2. Scary
3. Baby
4. Ginger
5. Sporty
When quality and not quantity matter. How those pans did clatter to fall on deaf ears.