The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: A Yearly Chart on a Daily Basis, Thread 7

I've been a little busy today, but from now on the songs will come a little faster. First a repeat visit from the king of pop and his undeniable masterpiece. Everything from now on is in my top 100. What a year.

6. (3 years) Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Well, that didn't work as well as I hoped it would. Here's the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dzp0JETG0Pw

Time for the titlesong of Springsteen's best-selling album as well as the album with the most hit singles ever (tied with the man (I think?) at #6 and his sister—who won't be joining us on WWAM today). The album was also the first compact disk born in the U.S.A., CDs were previously imported from Japan. Before I forget, the song is also awesome.

5. (NEW) Bruce Springsteen - Born In The U.S.A.

And we're rushing right through to two returning artists. My colleagues have already introduced them, and their videos can be found on the previous page. It's definitely no punishment listening to these songs 4 days in a row, so I suggest you listen to them again!

4. (5 years) Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

3. (4 years) The Human League - Don't You Want Me

"Hello, this is DJ 3000! Hey, hey. How about that weather out ther-*CRASH* *Sound of a robot crashing through the wall* .. *Silence* .. *Sound of a robot crashing through a window down into the street 15 floors below*

*Crackling speaker* Sorry about that, damn robots. Where were we? Ah yeah, time for the last two, since this DJ is having an especially busy day today we've got to hurry this up a little. The only busy day of the week.. go figure. Anyway, our #2 today is as much loved as it is hated, but the video is so hilariously fantastic that I could watch it all day.

2. (NEW) Van Halen - Jump

And then it's time for the #1 already. I'm pretty sure this song will be gone again next week, but it simply is one of my favorite songs. I don't even know why, it just is. Screw The Ataris, screw all the haters, this is just a brilliant song. This is your dictator jockey and he's dictating you to watch this. I'm signing off to give a certain robot an asswhooping, hope you enjoyed the trip as much as I did.

1. (NEW) Don Henley - The Boys Of Summer

1. (NEW) Don Henley - The Boys Of Summer
2. (NEW) Van Halen - Jump
3. (4 years) The Human League - Don't You Want Me
4. (5 years) Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
5. (NEW) Bruce Springsteen - Born In The U.S.A.
6. (3 years) Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
7. (NEW) U2 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
8. (NEW) Prince - When Doves Cry
9. (NEW) Prince - Purple Rain
10. (2 years) New Order - Blue Monday

Destroyed along with DJ 3000's hard drives:

Violent Femmes – Blister in the Sun
Prince – Little Red Corvette
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five – The Message
The Specials – Ghost Town
Soft Cell – Tainted Love
The Smiths – This Charming Man

Robots cannot have sex, hate The Smiths (don't ask), can't feel love and have no clue who Nelson Mandela is, so it's only logical these weren't entered. That, and they were just not good enough; The Smiths and Madonna almost made it though.

Madonna - Like A Virgin
The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?
Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
The Special A.K.A. - Free Nelson Mandela

have no clue who Nelson Mandela is

uhmm...seriously?!

oh-okay, it's all about the robots. sorry for the question marks..

...still amusing to notice how phrases in foreign languages make that kind AND THAT kind of sense... I'm a keen scholar of de Saussure and Metz by the way... but not a very succesful one after all, I guess.

The Smiths - This Charming Man and How Soon Is Now disposed of for 'Jump'? Only in 'A Yearly Chart On A Daily Basis'

I blame DJ 3000.

1 2