Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
A Yearly Chart on a Daily Basis, Thread 5

Coming soon...

Re: A Yearly Chart on a Daily Basis, Thread 5

Gooood morning and welcome back to WWAM! I am DJ frazze (a.k.a. Henrik) and I will play some marvellous music for you today. Happy music, sad music, angry music and even some (do I dare to say this) heavy music. As you know, we're right in the middle of the Vietnam war, a subject that will be heavily discussed later in the show.

Today we're actually broadcasting directly from the supermarket. I'm gonna show you a little dance here to a wonderful tune from a little island called Jamaica. Yes, believe me, they have some really good music there, which is called reggae. I'm pretty certain that these fantastic rhythms will be spread over the whole world in a few years, but so far we haven't heard so much of them yet (although old WWAMers hopefully remember Desmond Dekker). But this is

10. (NEW) The Maytals - Pressure Drop

The next song is the ballad of the ballads. Not a rock song at all. It's about feeling sad and in need of comfort. But look at this video and realise that all waters are not troubled. Perhaps you can count the bridges too?

9. (NEW) Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water

As you may know, I live in Sweden. You can see the map below. In the north (VERY close to the north pole) you can see our famous island which looks just like a moose.

8. ( (2 weeks) The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

Excellent start Henrik, and a good morning to you. Especially enjoying the hangover lightening qualities of Bridge Over Troubled Water!

Thumbs Up !

The next song has been on the chart four years, with the positions 2-2-1-1 !!!!! So why is it suddenly this low? Has the competition become harder? Well, you just have to wait and see...

7. (1) (5 years) The Beach Boys - God Only Knows

Thanks Max and Nicolas!

That song really gave me good vibrations. Let's put on another Beach Boys song while we're at it!

6. (3) The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations

Yes, the Vietnam war is around us. I have a dream that we all grow up as fortunate sons one day, but sadly I'm not able to show it to you here. Sorry.

5. (6) (2 years) Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son

I'd love to do 1972 if ithasn't been taken yet

nicolas, Mismaiome has 1971 and Honorio 1972. 1973 is thefirst available year.

When searching for information about the next song, I became aware of an AM error. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles' "The Tears of a Clown" was released as a single in 1970, but as an album track already in 1967. I think it's their best song ever. Why wasn't it released as a single at once? It has a joyous melody and the video starts funny, but when the words come in the video rather painfully helps us understand that the lyrics about tears behind empty smiles are anything but happy.

4. (NEW) Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tears of a Clown

I'll be back with the top 3 after a few hours break. Stay tuned.

I'm booking 1975 !

And I'm booking 1976, just to sweep off all the Springsteen tracks nicolas has placed before (just kidding)...

oh, btw, splendid choice so far, Henrik (the Maytals clip is... ehh, tootsie)

If it isn't taken, I'd like 1980, the year I was born.

netjade, no doubt you'll have some cleaning work to do after me ...

expect no mercy, nicolas, 1976 was the year of Travis Bickle...

funny that you say that, because on French TV there's "Mafia blues" right now with De Niro (horrible french version)

... ...

I'll take 73.

Welcome back, dear listeners! This is WWAM and DJ frazze. I hope you've had a good time so far.

Play the next song really loud! Your mothers will get furious (which is fun). It's the genre that is beginning to take form as "heavy metal". Take a listen to the band formerly known as The Polka Tulk Blues Company...

3. (NEW) Black Sabbath - Paranoid

many apologies to interrupt your terrific radio show, Henrik, but I HAVE to post this second-worst-thing-germany-has-ever-done-to-mankind-what-ever-thingy... or actually, it's dumb fun, but, actually, W. T. F...??

At second place we have a holdover from 1969. Here in some kind of demo version (I think) that I had never heard before the planning of this show. The YouTube title says it's the original video.

2. (7) (2 years) David Bowie - Space Oddity

second-worst-thing-germany-has-ever-done-to-mankind-what-ever-thingy

Yes, Modern Talking are still worse!

... well said, Henrik. and then there are sarin, cocaine, heroine, amphetamine, heinz ketchup, strangers in the night, independence day, uwe boll, netjade....

In the last show, Jonah said about "Fortunate Son" that this song wastes no time with it's fiery lyrical attack and it's over quickly, but I think its directness is what sticks. Well, now it's 1970 and directness has been taken to a whole new level. Let's shout!

1. (NEW) Edwin Starr - War

good god y'all... trembling... nj.. good night.

Thank you for listening, everyone!

Here is a summary of the new chart.

1. (NEW) Edwin Starr - War
2. (7) (2 years) David Bowie - Space Oddity
3. (NEW) Black Sabbath - Paranoid
4. (NEW) Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tears of a Clown
5. (6) (2 years) Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
6. (3) (5 years) The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
7. (1) (5 years) The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
8. (8) (2 years) The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
9. (NEW) Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water
10. (NEW) The Maytals - Pressure Drop

Really close but no cigar:
The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
Otis Redding - Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay
James Brown - (Get Up I Feel Like a) Sex Machine

Other great songs that I'd love to play if I had a chance:
Desmond Dekker - The Israelites
The Velvet Underground - I'm Waiting for the Man
James Taylor - Fire and Rain
Elton John - Your Song

At the moment, I'm a bit tired of these songs:
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
Derek and the Dominos - Layla
John Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)

OK, I think we have

1971 Mismaiome
1972 Honorio
1973 John
1974 ?
1975 nicolas
1976 netjade
1977 ?
1978 ?
1979 ?
1980 Rune
1981 Honorio
1991 Honorio
2001 Honorio

Please let me know if I missed someone.

Wow!! Now that's the kind of genre hopping you don't see on the radio today. Nice job, Henrik.

I'll give 1977 a go.

Yes, Henrik, this is an early 1968 version of “Space Oddity” recorded as the soundtrack of the movie “Love You Till Tuesday”, a promotional TV special aired in 1969. I haven’t seen it, but it seems that it was a typical late-sixties avant-garde psychedelic affair including some Bowie songs and mime performances from Bowie and Hermione Farthingale (his girlfriend then). The songs weren’t officially released till 1984. I got them in a compilation (“The Deram Anthology 1966-1968”), including this embryonic (but charming) version of the superb “Space Oddity”.

By the way… Mismaiomeeeeeee!!! Where R U?

Can I take 1983? My birth year so why not give it a go?

Slush, 1983 is yours!

We'll have to replace Mismaiome if he doesn't show up soon. Where are you buddy?

Hey, Henrik! Sorry, I slept at a friend and didn't get the chance to use his computer, and then I came home and didn't have any internet. But now I have returned. And thanks, Honorio.

I'll start right away!

1971!

What a great year for music. Sadly, some of the greatest songs didn't make that year's criticsy Top 10! But does it matter? My top 5 woulda probably been the same anyway.

Laddies and gentleladies, this is not the best song by The Who from that year's album. No, that honor goes to "Baby O'Riley." But this one is here to make up for it - restrained and angry at the same again. Maybe someday people will listen to it!

10. (New!) The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

One of the great existential songs. It's funky, dark, and short. Everything your doctoralY thesis on Nietzsche should have been. No, wait.

9. (New!) Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair

Don't ask where that Y in the post above came from. It snuck on me, just like my appreciation of this song.

It sounds poetic and stuff, but it doesn't mean anything. It's still a great song though, despite it being somewhat stolen from Spirit, and it being by Led Zeppelin.

And there's only so many times you can listen to the Zeppelin and still like them, but this song used to be incredible, and that's what we must reminisce about in the end!

Friends, I present...

8. (New!) Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven

Who even needs "Imagine" when you have something like this?

7. (New!) Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

Man, what happened to this band? They were so awesome.

6. ( (3 years) The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (1969)

That smiley is unstoppable, and you know it.

As for now...

When I was a kid, I was so naive and innocent that I thought this song was far too silly for me. But now, as a middle-aged man in my late teens, I adore it!

5. (6 years) The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations

(6) (1966) (leftover from the last post)

Forget Marvin Gate. He's no match for Edwin Starr's awesome anti-war mojo. And not even its adoption by Rush Hour can hinder it. WAAAAR, HUUUUU, WHAT IS IS IT GOOD FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OHOOOOO

If nothing even this can convince people that war is silly and childish, nothing can, and we should stop trying! Bad musical taste makes naughty things out of people.

4. (1) (1 year) Edwin Starr - War (1970)

WAR WHAT IS IS IT GOOD FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

I seem to be rather clumsy, with my Marvin Gate and all.

4. (1) (2 years) Edwin Starr - War (1970)

Anyhow, back on traaaak.

Yeah. This song had to be here. It's a bit boring, but it's amazing and awesome!

3. (New!) John Lennon - Imagine

Wilson would have astonished the composers of yore if they'd been around. Even we ought to be still in awe.

2. (7) (6 years) The Beach Boys - God Only Knows (1966)

And...

Finally...

And at last.........

About eternal love. The greatest song of all time.

1. (New!) Al Green - Let's Stay Together

The word on the streets of luv is:

1. (New!) Al Green - Let's Stay Together (1971)
2. (7) (6 years) The Beach Boys - God Only Knows (1966)
3. (New!) John Lennon - Imagine (1971)
4. (1) (1 year) Edwin Starr - War (1970)
5. (6) (6 years) The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (1966)
7. (New!) Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (1971)
8. (New!) Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven (1971)
9. (New!) Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair (1971)
10. (New!) The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again (1971)

Sry bai bai.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid (1970)
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son (1969)
David Bowie - Space Oddity (1969)
David Bowie - Changes (1971)
Rod Stewart (1971) (ahem)
Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (1970)
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tears of a Clown (1967)
T. Rex - Get It On (Bang a Gong) (1971)
The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar (1971)
Toots & The Maytals - Pressure Drop (1970)

I mean 4. (1) (2 years) Edwin Starr - War (1970)

Hi everyone. Good morning, good afternoon or good evening (depending on the part of the world you’re on). You’re listening to WWAM, your favourite radio station. Are you ready for a good time?
Well, let’s go then. It’s been more that 10 years since me, DJ Honoris, got the honour of hosting our end of the year special program. And here I am again (and congratulations t all the WWAM DJs that preceded me for their great work).
We have seen so many things happening during this 11-years period. We’ve seen a British invasion of the US and an US invasion of Vietnam. We’ve seen the flower power and then the flower wither. We’ve seen fashions passing, Joplin-Hendrix-Morrison dying and The Beatles splitting-up.
And we are still living with war, that’s true. But, for sure, we “Won’t Get Fooled Again”.

10. (10) (2 years) The Who - Won’t Get Fooled Again

(scroll up to see the great video)

Many styles have stand out during 1972, hard rock and soft rock, reggae and funk. But the most exciting has been undoubtedly glam-rock. A song written by David Bowie and played by Mott the Hoople is this style anthem. Stand up! come on! all you young dudes! I wanna hear you!!

9. (NEW) Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes

Their satanic majesties released in 1972 probably their best effort, the raw double album “Exile on Main Street”. But here in WWAM we stay true to this masterpiece from 1969, the apocalyptic “Gimme Shelter”.

8. (6) (4 years) The Rolling Stones – Gimme Shelter

It may be soft but for sure is golden. 1972 was a great harvest time for Neil Young that gathered enough country gems to fill one of the best albums of the year. Now Young is getting old searching for this “Heart of Gold”.

7. (NEW) Neil Young – Heart of Gold

And now the brightest star of 1972 rock ‘n’ roll heaven. Coming directly from Mars here’s David Bowie playing the wild mutation as Ziggy Stardust, a rock star killed by his fans.

6. (NEW) David Bowie – Ziggy Stardust

And that’s all for now, brothers and sisters. Me, DJ Honoris, I’m leading a double life and now two children need me to get their eyes aligned. But don’t go, I’ll be back in a few hours. Stay tuned, you’re listening to WWAM.

Well, I’m back, back with the best music from 1972. Here, in WWAM, your favourite radio station. It has been a terrific year for black music, with a genius called Stevie Wonder that had released two awesome albums, “Music From My Mind” and “Talking Book”. And this wonderful song too, “Superstition”. Come on, play that funky clavinet, Stevie!

5. (NEW) Stevie Wonder – Superstition

And now a song from 1971, a beautiful song that could serve to explain to an extra-terrestrial the meaning of the word “smooth”. This is Al Green with “Let’s Stay Together”.

4. (1) (2 years) Al Green – Let’s Stay Together

(scroll up to see the video)

We’re still in 1972 but probably we have already the winner of this little game. I suppose that many good songs will be released in the following years but for sure nothing will surpass the 7 consecutive years for The Beach Boys. Moreover this song contains my favourite minute of music ever, the heavenly harmonies of the last minute of the song.

2. (2) (7 years) The Beach Boys – God Only Knows

(scroll up to see the video)

The former leader of The Velvet Underground has made this year an astonishing comeback with his second album, “Transformer”, produced by David Bowie (the man of the year, involved on 3 songs of our Top 10). Lou Reed takes us for a “Walk on the Wild Side” of New York with some emblematic characters from Warhol’s Factory. And meanwhile the coloured girls go doo, doo, doo, …

2. (NEW) Lou Reed – Walk on the Wild Side

And the irreverent Spanish cover from the “enfant terrible” Albert Pla.

And now our number one. A song from 1971 that encapsulates perfectly the angriness of the youth of today about the Vietnam War. You know, we’ve got to find a way to bring some loving here today.

1. (7) (2 years) Marvin Gaye – What’s Going On

And that was all, fellas. It has been a pleasure again to host the special program of 1972. You’ve been a quite silent audience but I feel in my soul that you were there. Stay tuned for more great music in WWAM. And… peace to you all.

That was the list:
1. (7) (2 years) Marvin Gaye – What’s Going On
2. (NEW) Lou Reed – Walk on the Wild Side
3. (2) (7 years) The Beach Boys – God Only Knows
4. (1) (2 years) Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
5. (NEW) Stevie Wonder – Superstition
6. (NEW) David Bowie – Ziggy Stardust
7. (NEW) Neil Young – Heart of Gold
8. (6) (4 years) The Rolling Stones – Gimme Shelter
9. (NEW) Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes
10. (10) (2 years) The Who - Won’t Get Fooled Again

Eliminated:
John Lennon - Imagine
Edwin Starr – War
The Beach Boys – Good Vibrations
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Sly & the Family Stone - Family Affair

Missed the cut:
The Temptations – Papa Was a Rolling Stone
Roxy Music – Virginia Plain
Alice Cooper – School’s Out
Jimmy Cliff – The Harder They Come (really sad for leaving this out)
Steely Dan – Reeling in the Years

And now as a postscript I want to make a recommendation. As I said before 1972 was a great year for black music. If we follow the songs list allowing only one song per artist we will obtain a wonderful compilation, perfect for listening with your girlfriend at night. It will raise the temperature of your room, that’s for sure:

1. STEVIE WONDER “Superstition” (4’26”)
2. THE TEMPTATIONS “Papa Was a Rolling Stone” (7’11”)
3. JIMMY CLIFF “The Harder They Come” (3’41”)
4. HAROLD MELVIN & THE BLUENOTES “If You Don’t Know Me By Now” (3’26”)
5. THE O’JAYS “Back Stabbers” (3’06”)
6. BILL WITHERS “Lean on Me” (4’21”)
7. THE SPINNERS “I’ll Be Around” (3’13”)
8. THE CHI-LITES “Oh, Girl!” (3’43”)
9. JOHNNY NASH “I Can See Clearly Now” (2’46”)
10. CURTIS MAYFIELD “Freddie’s Dead” (5’27”)
11. THE STAPLE SINGERS “I’ll Take You There” (4’43”)
12. THE STYLISTICS “I’m Stone in Love With You” (3’22”)
13. TIMMY THOMAS “Why Can’t We Live Together?” (4’40”)
14. TOOTS & THE MAYTALS “54 46 (Was My Number)” (3’13”)
15. AL GREEN “I’m Still in Love With You” (3’16”)
16. ROBERTA FLACK “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” (4’20”)
17. MEL & TIM “Starting All Over Again” (4’05”)
18. BILLY PAUL “Me and Mrs. Jones” (4’52”)
19. BOBBY WOMACK “Woman’s Gotta Have It” (3’33”)
Total running time: 77’24”

upload that list on muxtape.com, honorio! no matter how often I listened to these songs before, a personal mixtape always adds a 4th dimension to it..

I was going to start a thread about this but decided I'd wait for the right time to come up instead: Screw Israelites or any Bob Marley song, 54-46 (Was My Number) is easily the greatest reggae song ever. Another song I forgot to put on my top 200 songs and that was probably my worst snub.

Might as well keep this rolling with 1973 since we've had some downtime lately. I'll do my calculations and start posting in a few!

[pretend this is big and bold]1973[/pretend this is big and bold]

We'll start it off with an old song.

10. (7)(2 years)- Neil Young: Heart of Gold (1972)

I'm going to roll this out slowly through the night so people have a chance to go through 71+72 as well!

54-46 (Was My Number) is easily the greatest reggae song ever...

well, at least a prominent member of the west indies Justice League... euphorically spoken, who's Otis Redding anyway..?

upload that list on muxtape.com, honorio!

Of course, I’ll do. It will be a great muxtape, you’ll see.

Hi there!

I'm off to bed, but just read through the recent posts. Great lists and always nice to see so much activity!

9. (-)(NEW) Stevie Wonder: Living For The City (1973)

Although I've said before that I don't like the direction Stevie took in the 70's with the modular synths and whole fusion sound, Living For the City is definitely the exception. It kind of borrows that Little Stevie Wonder sound and only sprinkles a little bit of the 70's funk sound on top of it. That recipe makes for classic Stevie.

8. (8)(5 years) Rolling Stones: Gimme Shelter (1969)

7. (-)(NEW) Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973)

I don't have much to say about this one. It's just a great, timeless song. He wrote a bunch of those you know...

Honestly, that TotP-clip-of-gybr was the last and final inition to absorb a decent percentage of oxygene for her DWIGHTiness...

6. (-)(NEW) Aerosmith: Dream On (1973)

Aerosmith is a lot like Elton John a couple great albums but mostly a long, inconsistent career. But just like Elton, when they hit, they hit big time.

5. (6)(2 years) David Bowie: Ziggy Stardust (1972)
4. (4)(3 years) Al Green: Let's Stay Together (1971)

3. (-)(NEW) Stooges: Search and Destroy (1973)

Although Raw Power is not a great album like Funhouse it has this song which is probably the Stooges at their best. I like Loose a little better but I wouldn't argue with you if you claimed this as #1 in the Stooges catalog. I spared you all from old Iggy. He can still do it though.

That is he can still perform live. That was by no means a rave review of The Weirdness.

2. (-)(NEW) Gladys Knight and the Pips: Midnight Train to Georgia (1973)

I love this song so much and it's even better getting to watch the Pips do their thing...

And finally, this isn't anywhere this year. I'm kind of thinking that it's past the big dogs and might never exit.

1. (3)(8 years) Beach Boys: God Only Knows (1966)

1. (3)(8 years) Beach Boys: God Only Knows (1966)
2. (-)(NEW) Gladys Knight and the Pips: Midnight Train To Georgia (1973)
3. (-)(NEW) Stooges: Search and Destroy (1973)
4. (4)(3 years) Al Green: Let's Stay Together (1971)
5. (6)(2 years) David Bowie: Ziggy Stardust (1972)
6. (-)(NEW) Aerosmith: Dream On (1973)
7. (-)(NEW) Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973)
8. (8)(5 years) Rolling Stones: Gimme Shelter (1969)
9. (-)(NEW) Stevie Wonder: Living For the City (1973)
10. (7)(2 years) Neil Young: Heart of Gold (1972)

Eliminated:

Marvin Gaye: What's Goin On
Lou Reed: Walk On the Wild Side
Stevie Wonder: Superstition
Mott the Hoople: All the Young Dudes
Who: Won't Get Fooled Again

Never Made It:

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Free Bird
Ann Peebles: I Can't Stand the Rain
Marvin Gaye: Let's Get It On
Wailers: Get Up Stand Up, I Shot the Sherriff

Oh my God. The Stooges next to Al Green!

Hey, I've always said that the most perfect music ever would be The Stooges with Al Green as their vocalist, and Basement Jaxx as their producers!

Can I do 1982?

Absolutely, Moonbeam.

But who's doing 1974?

1974 ?
1975 nicolas
1976 netjade
1977 Stammer
1978 ?
1979 ?
1980 Rune
1981 Honorio
1982 Moonbeam
1983 Slush
1991 Honorio
2001 Honorio

Schleuse, I just realised your favorite years have already been taken.

Big thanks to Mismaiome, Honorio and John!

Schleuse, I can change 1981 for any other 80s year if you want it. Anyway 1979 was a great year too…

So nobody's doing 1974 ? I can't wait !
Henrik, why don't you do it ? The 1974 casting (Marley, Kraftwerk) might please you ...

Not sure when I'll get the time, but I will do it if no one else takes it.

Time for another update of the "marathon table".

1. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows* (1966 / 69 / 8 / 1 / 3)
2. Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues (1956 / 48 / 6 / 1 / 1)
3. Elvis Presley - That's All Right (Mama) (1954 / 32 / 5 / 1 / 2)
4. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (1966 / 30 / 6 / 3 / 0)
5. Dave Brubeck - Take Five (1959 / 27 / 4 / 2 / 0)
6. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (1965 / 26 / 4 / 2 / 0)
7. The Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby (1964 / 25 / 4 / 1 / 1)
8. Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues (1958 / 25 / 4 / 3 / 0)
9. Del Shannon - Runaway (1961 / 24 / 4 / 3 / 0)
10. The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset (1967 / 23 / 3 / 2 / 0)
11. The Platters - The Great Pretender (1955 / 22 / 3 / 2 / 0)
11. Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog (1953 / 22 / 3 / 2 / 0)
13. Al Green - Let's Stay Together* (1971 / 21 / 3 / 1 / 1)
14. Etta James - At Last (1961 / 18 / 4 / 2 / 0)
15. Hank Williams - Your Cheatin' Heart (1953 / 18 / 2 / 1 / 1)
16. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter* (1969 / 17 / 5 / 6 / 0)
17. The Four Tops - Reach Out (I'll Be There) (1966 / 17 / 2 / 1 / 1)
17. Edwin Starr - War (1970 / 17 / 2 / 1 / 1)
19. Roy Orbison - In Dreams (1963 / 16 / 3 / 4 / 0)
20. The Beatles - She Loves You (1963 / 16 / 2 / 1 / 1)
21. The Ronettes - Be My Baby (1963 / 16 / 2 / 3 / 0)
22. The Everly Brothers - All I Have to Do Is Dream (1958 / 14 / 3 / 5 / 0)
23. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (1971 / 14 / 2 / 1 / 1)
24. Kitty Wells - It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels (1952 / 14 / 2 / 2 / 0)
25. Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (1958 / 14 / 2 / 4 / 0)
26. Bobby Darin - Mack the Knife (1959 / 13 / 2 / 1 / 1)
26. Chuck Berry - Maybellene (1955 / 13 / 2 / 1 / 1)
28. David Bowie - Space Oddity (1969 / 13 / 2 / 2 / 0)
29. The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go (1964 / 12 / 2 / 1 / 1)
30. The Shirelles - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (1960 / 12 / 2 / 2 / 0)
31. Sam Cooke - You Send Me (1957 / 12 / 2 / 3 / 0)
32. Otis Redding - Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay (1968 / 12 / 2 / 4 / 0)
33. Henry Mancini - Moon River (1961 / 11 / 2 / 1 / 1)
33. Link Wray - Rumble (1958 / 11 / 2 / 1 / 1)
33. Elmore James - Dust My Broom (1951 / 11 / 2 / 1 / 1)
36. Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (1957 / 11 / 2 / 2 / 0)
37. Gene Vincent - Be Bop A Lula (1956 / 11 / 2 / 4 / 0)
38. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son (1969 / 11 / 2 / 5 / 0)
38. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust* (1972 / 11 / 2 / 5 / 0)
40. The Mamas and the Papas - California Dreamin' (1965 / 10 / 3 / 5 / 0)

Asterisk indicates that the song was included in the list from 1973.

Oh, and the numbers in brackets stand for

(points / number of years / top position / years at no. 1)

If nobody wants to do 1974, I can do 1974 and 1975
Too bad that the game is blocked
I'll wait until tomorrow

1974!

Since nobody did it i thought i'll do it,also this way i could join in if nobody minds...

10. (9)(2 years) Stevie Wonder - Living for the City.(Only on sundays) (1973)

9. (-)(NEW!) George McRae - Rock Your Baby(You wish) (1974)

8. (6)(2 years) Aerosmith - Dream On(weeeeeed) (1973)

7. (-)(NEW!) Robert Wyatt - Sea Song(Aye) (1974)

6. (-)(NEW!) Patti Labelle - Lady Marmalade(Meow, wanna shag?) (1974)

5. (5)(3 years) David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust(Stardust cookieez O_O) (1972)

4. (-)(NEW!) Bob Marley & The Wailers - No Woman, No Cry(God only knows ) (1974)

3. (7)(2 years) Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road(Bye ) (1973)

2. (1)(9 years) The Beach Boys - God Only Knows(Only god knew about my lost virginity) (1966)

1. (4)(4 years) Al Green - Let's Stay Together(I lost my virginity on this tune) (1971)

1. (4)(4 years) Al Green - Let's Stay Together(i lost my virginity on this tune) (1971)
2. (1)(9 years) The Beach Boys - God Only Knows (Only god knew about my lost virginity) (1966)
3. (7)(2 years) Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road(bye :( ) (1973)
4. (-)(NEW!) Bob Marley & The Wailers - No Woman, No Cry(God only knows) (1974)
5. (5)(3 years) David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust(Stardust cookieez O_O)(1972)
6. (-)(NEW!) Patti Labelle - Lady Marmalade(Meow, wanna shag?) (1974)
7. (-)(NEW!) Robert Wyatt - Sea Song(Aye) (1974)
8. (6)(2 years) Aerosmith - Dream On(weeeeeed) (1973)
9. (-)(NEW!) George McRae - Rock Your Baby(You wish) (1974)
10. (9)(2 years) Stevie Wonder - Living for the City(Only on sundays) (1973)

Hi, git's good that somebody did 1974 (somebody with a strange name)
Was that you netjade ?

1 2