Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upcoming Concerts

So what concerts are everyone on here seeing?

May 10 - Classic Albums Live present "Abbey Road"
July 18 - Mark Knopfler
September 4 - Oasis
September 11 - Blue Man Group "How to be a MegaStar Tour 2.1"
September 24 | October 12 (One day in between) - Cirque De Soleil "Corteo"

If the weather's good (outdoor festival)
July 5 - Zappa Plays Zappa
July 5 - Steely Dan
July 6 - Primus
July 9 - Brian Wilson

Also, really trying to get tickets to see
June 22 - Herbie Hancock Quartet
August 6 - Radiohead

Re: Upcoming Concerts

I have a plan on seeing these, or at least some of them:

Kings Of Leon, Gnarls Barkley, Kate Nash, Justice, Kool Keith, Unkle, Battles, Dizzee Rascal, Johnossi,
Saul Williams, Cradle of Filth, Clutch, I'm From Barcelona. They're playing at a festival in my hometown. I want to see Dolly Parton at the local stadium in June, but it's expensive, and I have to pay for my girlfriend as well, so that'll set me back...counting on fingers... around 240 dollars. And that's tickets only. It isn't as bad as it sounds, though, because the Norwegian Kroner is at an all time high versus the Dollar, but it still is quite a lot.

I might go and see Solomon Burke in the neighbour town here. He's not that expensive.

I hear you with Dolly, my Knopfler tickets cost $125 each...

I have tickets for

Nick Cave - May 19
Steve Earle - May 24 (Bob Dylan's birthday)
Yoav - sometime in June

And then there's the annual Roskilde Festival in early July ... Band of Horses, Radiohead and Neil Young are only the tipof the iceberg there

6/5 Laura Marking
14/5 Times New Viking / Jay Reatard
15/5-16/5 Great Escape Festival, Brighton
17/5 Girls Aloud
19/5 Noah & The Whale
20/5 Ida Maria
2/6 Black Kids
3/6 Bat For Lashes
11/6 Fleet Foxes / Beach House
20/6 My Bloody Valentine
24/6 Radiohead
25/6 Radiohead

I wish I still had contacts that could get me on guest lists. I used to be that contact and then my predecessors were my contact and now I have none. I guess I'd rather have albums than go to shows so that's how bands get my money. Someday I'll have money to do both.

Mitchell

Funny to see that you're going to a Ida Maria show. There has been whispers about her a while, but now it's turning into shouting. She's on the verge of greatness, at least here in Norway.

I'm going to see
Bob Dylan - May 19

10 rows back. hopefully Bob's in good spirits and puts on a decent show. if not it'll still be good to see him.

Keith I saw Bob Dylan last summer, he was good for the most part but spent way too much time on the piano

I'm going to see Vampire Weekend in Miami in June!

Rune, I've seen her twice before actually she puts on a terrific show. Hopefully she will start to blow up.

You guys just realize how lucky you are - to be able to see world class artists. Some of us,that live away isolated from all that,aren't so lucky...

Midaso

I used to travel from the north of Norway, to the south to see the big bands. There were no big artists playing in my hometown (things have changed up there: last year Chris Cornell played, this year Bryan Adams will). But anyway, you should see if you can go to Big Day Out in Auckland. It's a long way, I can tell by the map, but there are some huge bands there. You probably know this already.

Going to see the Drive-By Truckers tomorrow night. Very excited.

paul, you're lucky !

I'll have to wait until this summer (and I'll have to go to England or Belgium to see them)

I'm seeing The Cure for the second time on May 23rd.

Can't wait for a spectacular 3+ hour performance!!

May 8: Erykah Badu
May 12: The Cure
May 21: Los Campesinos!
June 5: Robert Plant & Alison Kraus
June 12: Mission Of Burma
June 13: REM

I saw Drive By Truckers a few weeks ago. They're really good live, really fun on stage.

My only complaint is I wish they cherry picked more their entire catalog instead of mostly from just their new one and The Dirty South.

I general I wish bands would pick songs from their entire history instead of just the recent ones. Like when I saw Lucinda Williams she picked mostly from her new one and World Without Tears. It was a great show but I would have also liked to hear more of Car Wheels, Sweet Old World, and s/t.

LA has the return of shogae legends Swevedriver. I hope yo see them soon. We're also having a Sundays tribute convention.

My ears are literally still ringing from the Drive By Truckers show last night. They are great live. Fun and loud. They closed the encore with Jim Carroll's "People Who Died" inviting the opening band (and some female fans) onto the stage for a jam. Good times.

The Hold Steady and The National next week, can,t wait.

Nice Beans. I'm gonna go see The National soon myself opening up for R.E.M. and Modest Mouse.

The National, REM and Modest Mouse is a pritty amazing line-up

coming soon to a theater near me: Battles/Fuck Buttons, -05/13/08-, Cologne. double shot chocolate cake. whipped..

I'm going to see My Bloody Valentine in a few hours in a 300 capacity club (as well as next Friday) very excited!