Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help? anybody?

OK, I've seen it done many times, so I know someone here must know how to do it:

How do you embed an image in a post?

(Young techheads, please pardon with the 40-year-old technological illiterate.)

Re: help? anybody?

ex.

some text

Obviously replace image.gif with your file name, and the proper width height if resizing.

Wow didn't even realize I embedded by showing the example

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then close with another > (I had to separate this to prevent it from being read as html. See 2nd comment.)

OK. It's pretty frickin' hard to explain this without turning your explanation into a failed attempt to post an image!

Oh ok. I didn't realize that you had to do img src=. I'm so used to doing "> on forums. Thanks!

OK I tried to post a picture there. Guess I'm still missing something. Let's try this again. Paul will give me the A-OK if I'm doing it right.

Hey schleuse, I thought I briefly explained this to you before, but I guess it was too cryptic ...

If you look at H61R's second post, the image there should explain it all. Let me try as well: If you write the following

< img src = " http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/2663.jpg " > < / img >

without spaces you'll get

ok, almost perfect: Between img and src you still need a space ...

Hmm, that picture of Chronic Town doesn't seem to work, maybe you need to be logged onto RYM. This should work:

is the result of

< img src = " http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/A572.jpg " > < / img >

without spaces (except between img and src)

John: [IMG] tags are for forums that accept BBCode such as PHPBB and Invisionboard. This forum doesn't accept that, but it does accept html. Most forums don't accept html because it can be abused.

Thanks, everybody. Andre, I don't remember asking before, but if I did (and that sure sounds like me), thanks again.

I'm kinda busy today, but if I have time, I may try to post a few test images. Nothing exciting...everyone just go about your business.

Test

Testing something, figured this would be a nice topic to do so.

test

Some more testing.