Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for list makers

I was just going through my personal 100 favourite albums. The ones that I feel are the best the art has to offer. My question to you is - I have 51 artists total that make up for the 100 albums on my list. Is that to narrow, or does everyone seem to fall into that bracket?

Sometimes I feel like I should have more varity, but I have a hard time getting rid of a 7th dylan pick for a new band.

Re: Question for list makers

The reason I ask is. I have been asked by my editor to compile a top 100 albums list for our sunday release next week.

It is a crazy question, maybe not...lol...who knows. Im sure there's one list crazy maniac amoungst us, besides me.

For what it's worth, my top 100 albums list consists of 64 artists.

lol...See that feels better. Im thinking of maybe for the readers sake. Filling in the list with Acclaimed music.com top 100 goodies. albums that I respect or fall short on my list. Maybe I can get it up to 75 artists.

The beatles, The rolling stones, dylan Neil Young, and radiohead alone on my list account for 28 menitons

I've never actually compiled a top 100, but I think it's a good possibility that I could end up with 50 artists.

My list only has 45 artists represented.

I guess it's not unreasonable to think that a person might only be geared towards as certain genre of music perhaps. Even certain types of voices. For me I can't get into feminen voices like (Micheal Jacksom, Prince.

Im also not ver liberated when it comes to music that doesnt always fit either in the BLUES or ROCK catagories. Not to say that I dont have some favourites that dont fall in those catagories, because I do ( LCD SOUNDSYSTEM - Sound of Silver, TALKING HEADS - remain In Light, RADIOHEAD - Kid A). It Just seems to demand more attention from me to understand and love it.

Guess my point is, is that a person who loves Bob Dylan, tends to love Neil Young, and then tends to love The rolling stones...lol..I KNOW!!! what a shock he likes those guys!

I Could probably find a link of influence between every artist on my top 100. Maybe I'll post it before I change the hell out of it.

My list has 67 artists represented.

Looks like the AM top 100 has 70, which is probably a good base-line guide. Most people are going to have taste that is less diverse than the AM list, so I would expect most people to be under 70.

For an article, I'd try to not have multiple albums by any artist, but maybe that's just me. You're lucky - being commissioned to do something like that is a way to bring to light you're favorite unknown gems and allow them to rub shoulders with those already canonized.

I have a few Hidden/Not so Hidden (Albums that dont get the fuss they deserve) on my list.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds -DIG LAZARUS DIG is the newest entry. I Just love that album, and I suppose it would be considered an odd choice.

Beck - SEA CHANGE

Elliot Smith - FROM A BASEMENT ON A HILL

lol...I Guess they are fairly well known.

they are

Do you really think "Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!" is beter than "Tender Prey"?

*better

(Sickness typo.)

I think Dig Lazarus Dig is the best thing he ever done period. Both Abbitiorblues/lyre of orpheus and Boatman's call make my top 100 as well.

I was a big fan of his Grinderman project as well. It finished in my top 10 of last year, so that might explain my love for Dig