Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Left Banke

Is there anything comprehensive in print by these guys? I just checked out Amazon and it looks like there's nothing in print. It looks like their first album is a lost classic. I'm hoping it compares to O&O. Of course, I'm not paying $109 for it though.

Re: The Left Banke

You'd think any one hit wonder would be able to get at least a digital edition out by now.

There's Gonna Be A Storm:Complete Recordings is always the album that has been recommended so yeah the original album(s) probably unavailable

Yes, the 2 studio albums don't exist on CD and have never been printed.
The only record that has been available was the compilation "there's gonna be a storm...". When I purchased it 5 years ago, this was the only one copy the store had in stock.
During these 5 last years, I've never seen this record again in any of many stores I've gone to.
I can say I was a lucky guy the day I found it !
I think you couldn't purchased it anymore, excepted if you pay more than 100$ on the internet or download it illegally on torrents.

There's nothing on Itunes.

The first album is great. I'd only heard Walk Away Renee when I got it, and I see it as one of the weakest tracks. It's not as good as O&O, but it's up there.

O RLY? I like Walk Away Renee, I need to find this album.

It looks like Rhapsody has a comp titled There's Gonna Be A Storm and I guess it has both of their first two albums in their entirety. If you do some google blog searching it looks like it might be in the corners of the internet. You can also download it for 8.99 on Amazon.

These are great songs but it's too bad they didn't have a better singer.