Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Which album do you wish you could forget just so you could rediscover it?

Which of your favorite albums do you wish you could completely forget, so you could listen to it once again with fresh ears, experiencing the charm of its discovery?

For me, it's "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" by The Flaming Lips. That album completely blew me away when I first heard it. And there were so many layers of sound that it felt liked I could never assimilate all of it; but I did, and I miss the wonder that I used to have towards its songs.

Re: Which album do you wish you could forget just so you could rediscover it?

Velvet Underground & Nico, I wish I never hated it the first time I heard it and gave it a better chance. (Now I love it)

I've experienced that most times that I heard something new from The Mizell Brothers, so I'll go with Johnny Hammond's "Gears". Maybe if you rediscover it, there'a a chance you won't end up liking it as much as you might think, and you'll end up ruining it. It's like Back To The Future.

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead.
Just the sound they got on the intros to songs like 'Cemetry Gates','There Is A Light That Never Goes Out','The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' - just blew me away. Could listen to it all day and not get sick of it...

Bob dylan's Blood on the tracks: I was too young when I first heard it. Possibly the greatest lyrics ever laid to paper.

Radiohead's Kid A: My intro to radiohead. Should have start with the bends, ok computer and so on. They definately would have given me at least a small heads up.

Tom Waits Raindogs: Just far too much for a man of 14 years to unravel. Now one of my favs

Joanna Newsom's ys : Long story short. I was stoned and it scared the crap outa me...lol