Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Damo Suzuki and others who have left us

Has Damo ever posted since he decided he had enough? I always liked his posts and his taste in music.

Anybody else that you guys miss? I haven't been around all that long.

Re: Damo Suzuki and others who have left us

Heh... you can thank me for his departure. For all the newcomers here, John's referring to an old AM regular who left because of a rude comment I made to Moonbeam (whom I believe I've made amends with), but not without first making an eloquent farewell comment to yours truly.

His posts were thoughtful, but it would be a stretch (quite a large one at that) to say that I miss him.

And no, he wasn't actually Damo Suzuki... I guess I can't say that for sure but I think I can be 99 percent sure about that. I forgot exactly what happened. You have to take things with a grain of salt on message boards although I don't remember exactly what you said (but I don't really want to bring it up again either). I was just wondering if he ever posted again...maybe he still lurks and sees this.

It's a strange phenomenon this social networking thing. A lot of people think it can take the place of actual relationships but then you realize that somebody can up and leave and you don't really think about it that much. I suppose that can happen in real life as well.

Anyway, sorry to get off the subject of music guys.

I'm sure he'll be back. I've seen him on a few other message boards, and he's said that he is quite busy, so once things get a little calmer on his side, I expect to see him back!

Hi

I was also sad that he left us, he was a smart guy with very idiosyncratic tastes.
He posted once I guess since his departure, but I can't remember when.

And does anyone remember me asking about the heir AND the sons of Sonofsamiam? He returned from oblivion so far... ::and guess what. He's still AM's primal muzsical taste.(.)

(.)maker/that is