Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the mad scientist's breakthrough

Allow me to crow for a second--I just sold my first short story. It's called "The End of Good Days," and its premise is kind of like the movie Little Miss Sunshine (but without the beauty pageant).

I'm hoping it'll be published in an anthology by the end of the year...details to follow when I know them, and I'm already trying to turn it into a novel.

Yay me.

Re: the mad scientist's breakthrough

Congrats, schleuse!

I wouldn't mind reading it at some point.

Yay. :)

Hey scheulse, congratulations!

Do you have any tips or maybe a link to an article about how to sell short stories?

I'm thinking of flexing my writing muscles again after a long absence. Whatever I write will be more proofread and legible than the stuff I write here for sure! While mostly I would write as a hobby for my own enrichment, if there was an easy way to submit my best stuff somewhere, it would be a bonus.

Nice, congratulations!

Jonah, I have no idea how to sell short stories. I have a literary agent who does it for me. My advice would be to put together a portfolio, find out what agents are available to you, and shop around. They're VERY motivated to make a sale.

Congratulations!

great !

Who did you sell it to ? A publisher ? A magazine ?

Your little sister? Just kidding Schleuse. That's awesome.

Yeah, congrats schleuse!

Nice! How long have you been writing professionally for?

gratzi pazzi

Thanks, everyone.

nicolas, I sold it to a small press (John, I have no sister, but if I did, I'd sell it to her).

jonmarck, I've been writing professionally, in the sense of Getting Paid For It, for eleven years, but it's pretty much been corporate hackwork...this is the first thing I've written on my own hook, and then sold.

That's awesome schleuse. I reiterate, where and when can we read it?