Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
let's talk geo/demographics

As the previous thread has reached critical size (2 pages), I'm starting a new one here.

Still the sa me as before : tell us about your whereabouts, your age, how you knew the site, etc..
Feel free

PS : Penguin just posted on the first thread revealing a 1991 birthdate which makes him the youngest of us all

Re: let's talk geo/demographics

Not necessarily. I was born in 1991 too!

That's what I thought from your post
Great !
Average now is 31

Sinder, you're being very active on the forum in recent weeks but I don't think you've told us where you are from?

Romania, but I honestly have a British accent.

Romania? Cool... my Old World heritage is 5/16 Romanian... the largest proportion.

You, and everyone else should mark themselves on the Forum Guestmap. There's a major gap from East of Scandanavia to Austrailia.

Yay. There I am, now. :)

I would have been able to fill in that gap about 14 years ago.

Not anymore, I'm afraid.

Sinder Velvin:

Where in Romania do you live? I love Romania, it's a beautiful country and the people are great. It's my favorite country together with Sweden.

Sinder: January would be the month, which probably makes me a bit older than you.

Yaaay, I'm the youngest.

I live in the south-west, Rune. :) City's called Craiova. Just a bit to the west of Bucharest.

I've never been to Craiova. I've been to Braila, Galati, Bucharest and Constanta, and also Mamaia. I'm constantly planning a new trip to see Cluj, Sibiu and Sighisoara, but I guess I have to wait for my son to grow older first.

Born 1980, grew up in San Francisco. At first I put Jorgito because I thought it was funny.
That's what some people called me as a kid, but I'm really George, and people closest to me still call me Georgie. I have a feeling that when some of you here see the name Jorgito, that you're thinking, "It's that same guy that's always complaining about limiting our tastes to only Rock". I'm not good at writing and expressing my thoughts, and I never know when I might offend anyone. I mostly post something when I feel that I can open up ideas, or present another side of the story. I think I mostly annoy people with my fake critic theories. I'm not sure if I've done it here, but I'm into defending a lot of music that is mostly seen as cheap, bland, inoffensive, forgettable, saccharine, unauthentic. I do think that some of it should be called all this, but it also comes from genres/styles, and even artists that never get treated like that, and my nature is to fight back at the ignorant bullies.

Born in October 1962, at the time of The Beatles first chart hit. Lived in the UK all my life, currently in London.

Time for a thread booster !

Newcomers and others, you're welcome ! So now tell us about you !

Where were you born and where do you live and how you came to know this ite and everything...

Don't forget to fill in the guest map on top of this page

Born in 86 (Miami)

We need some Asian influence.

I'm Asian

Born in China, but I've been in the US for the last 14 years or so.

Well, that makes are demo a little better. We need more people of the eastern influence. Eastern Europe too. As much as we talk about globalization Eastern and Western culture are still two totally different birds.

Hey Sinder, just checked to see where you're from.

I'm a Dutchman living in Freiburg, Germany, but have quite a few very good friends from Romania! Their families emigrated from (around) Timisoara in the mid 80's, so before the fall of the wall. 1985 to be precise: One of these friends is a big fan of tennis player Boris Becker, the year they moved to Germany he won the Wimbledon final!

I've never been to Romania, but surely your country is on my wishlist to go there sometime in the near future. Is it similar to Sweden, as Rune wrote, or can it be compared with Czech Republic? (I love both 2 countries, that's why I'm asking)

Born in 980. I'm from Montevideo, Uruguay (no kidding ).

I think i found the site "googling" a couple of years ago, but i've never posted before until this month.

I was born in 1993, do I win the youngest competition?

awesome! south america reprazent!

I think Chevi is the oldest - 1028

He may only be 1027 if he hasn't had his birthday yet this year.

Andre wrote: "Is it similar to Sweden, as Rune wrote"

I didn't write that. I wrote that those two countries are my favorites. They are quite different, but wonderful in their own ways.

Sorry about that, Rune, small misunderstanding from my side.

From England live in the States. Love the Beatles and Zappa go figure.

I`m from Germany and born in 1989

Midaso wotre: "I think Chevi is the oldest - 1028".

Hey, don't laugh, you don't know how difficult is to hear music well at this age .
Still i think i was already beaten by DC.

Hope more southamericans join up.

Hey, Chevi, I'm South American either! I'm Brazilian, from Goiânia.

Hi everybody

I'm putting this thread on top for those who want to introduce themselves to the community.
Where are you from ? How old are you ?
It's good to know who we are welcoming
Have fun

Back on top !

I was born in 1979 and live in Katy, TX (right outside of Houston).

While in college, I compiled lists from Julian's rocklist site and made a very crude master list (just a simple count at how many lists an album appeared on)and started basing my music collection on that. Then I found this site and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. The cool thing was that while the order of the lists were completely different (Sex Pistols were number 1) the albums appeared in the same range. Currently the highest ranked album that I don't own is 558. Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil and I have quite a few more scattered through the rest of the list (it's a disease and I need help...I'd ask for donations, but I'd just use the money to buy more CDs.)

Other than music, I love movies, sports (Houston teams of course), literature, and video games (I don't know that I've ever seen literature and video games listed back to back before, but there you go). I have a dvd collection of around 350 (seriously, please help me) and my book and video game collections, while not as expansive are growing. My taste in all these is relatively the same (eclectic and very critically influenced).

I just looked at a preview of this post, so for everyone that read it to completion, I apologize.

Doug, welcome to Acclaimed Music! Always nice to find someone new with the same disease!

Terrific! Doug, it's great to have another Houston guy in the fold. I feel like I should go up on my roof and wave--our town is flat as a pancake, after all--but Katy's about 20 miles from me. I live in Memorial Heights (a neighborhood which is very cleverly named for the fact that it's south of the Heights and north of Memorial Drive).

This forum needed someone else who understands HIWI. Welcome aboard!

To every newcomer here
PLease tell us who you are, where you're from
we're a small community and we like to know each other a little better
So don't be shy

Greg Rumpff (the other one)
City: Columbus, OH
Married, 1 boy, age 3.5, said boy is prone to singing Flobots "Handlebars" thanks to hearing it a lot in the car...though he still prefers "Wheels on the Bus". Hey, I'm working on it!