Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top 10 Hottest Women in Music

Past and present.... go!

Re: Top 10 Hottest Women in Music

I gotta think about this one. It's a list I've never made.

A friend and I had this discussion the other day. (sorry, the subject should be "sexiest")

I'll post my list shortly, and the debate can begin...

Janet Jackson was my first celebrity crush, so she comes first. Her eyes and smile are electric!

Others that are kind on the eyes:

Debbie Harry
Aaliyah
Madonna
Gwen Stefani
Sade
RES
Salt (from Salt 'n Pepa)
Pepa too!
Liz Phair
Left Eye (of TLC fame)
PJ Harvey (I know this won't be a popular choice, but hey- I dig her)
Joan Jett (see PJ)
Lady Miss Kier (Deee-Lite)

Janet Jackson: And that Rolling Stone cover....

1. Jewel (is she country, is she dance/pop? Who cares, she’s haaat.)
2. Rihanna (that irresistible exotic flavor. And the short hair is sexy!)
3. Dido
4. Gwen Stefani (before the kid)
5. Madonna (circa ‘86/’87 – think: “Cherish” video)
6. lead singer of Roxette (1992ish)
7. Tori Amos
8. Vanessa Carlton (sexy and intelligent – a deadly combo.)
9. Ashlee Simpson (before the rhinoplasty)
10. [leaving open for now]

Marie Fredriksson was kinda hot- true.

And as a resident Madonna fan, I must note that "Cherish" was from 89, which certainly was one of Madonna's hottest eras. Mind you- 86/87 wasn't bad either with the True Blue era...

In no order:

Jane Wiedlin
Donna Matthews (Elastica)
Brett Anderson (Donnas)
Mariah Carey
Geri Haliwell
Kelly Clarkson
Janet Jackson
Michelle Phillips
Madonna
Jenny Lewis
Joan Osborne
Fiona Apple
Cat Power
Beyonce

Astrud Gilberto, Ronnie Spector, PJ Harvey, Betty Davis, Essra Mohawk, Bessie Smith, Prince, Kathleen Hannah, Mary Weiss, Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, Netjade, Beth Gibbons, a random face from The Pipettes...

Will there be a 10 Hottest Men In Music section, too? And considering the proportion of sexes on this site is it okay to wholeheartedly doubt it?

Ack! An oversight on my part (thanks for the correction, Moonbeam).

John – Jenny Lewis is a good choice, and Geri Halliwell (around the time of her first solo album) isn’t bad either. But Joan Osbourne?

True Blue era and Bedtime Stories era Madonna are the two hottest Madonna "phases".

I'm sure some would participate Netjade!

Prince!

I can start a thread for the men, Netjade, although I fear you may be the only participant!

Hey I just got back that Jewel/Madonna record I lent you, but the booklet's pages are sticked together !

sorry
I couldn't help

It's that One Of Us video Anthony. The St. Teresa video isn't bad either. I'm also a sucker for that 90's alt-rock look. That can back in fashion anytime.

Nicolas- Ewww. Funny though.

This is fun. It's good to see some oversights on my part, and some others that I'm vehemently opposed to!

I guess that's what's awesome about it- beauty really is in the eye of the beholder!

Ladies and gentlemen - I am floating in space... thanks for the offering, Moonbeam, though.

Who impersonated me with that horrendous joke ?
OK, that doesn't work
I'd better go to bed

in no particular order:

1. Kylie Minogue
2. Janet Jackson
3. Madonna
4. Kelis
5. Shania Twain
6. Diana Ross
7. Emmylou Harris
8. Stevie Nicks
9. Britney Spears
10. Avril Lavigne

Totally forgot about Kelis. Good one. I also forgot Zia McCabe from the Dandy Warhols and Corin Tucker of Sleater-Kinney.

We're talking about in their prime, right? I mean current Madonna wouldn't rate as high late '80s to early '90s Madonna.

why is it that women can never separate their talents from their bodies? by the way some of them act, sometimes i think they don't want to. i'm not sure. point is, i don't think that i want to be part of this...

Moeboid, if you look at most of the people listed here it's easy to see we're not judging women by their looks. There is a lot more that goes into sexy than that.

Emmylou Harris circa 1973
Susanna Hoffs circa 1984
Shania Twain circa 1993
Jenny Lewis circa 2005

I meant just by their looks. These women are definitely good looking. But, just being good looking doesn't mean you are sexy.

Damn, forgot about Shania - she was definitely smokin' hot back in the day.

Yup, I wouldn't have kicked her out of my bed for eating Triscuit crackers, that's for sure.

Don't forget the Corrs sisters and that new hottie singer,Colbie Caillat

sorry, i didn't mean to be calling people sexist or this topic immoral or anything like that. i know you respect these women. i just wonder whether this is really necessary. i mean, to me, they're just musicians and really, that's all i ever want to think of them as.

Oh, what the hell: Debbie Harry, Beyoncé, Liz Phair, Jane Wiedlin, Cindy Wilson (B-52’s), Justine Frischmann, Susanna Hoffs, Natalie Merchant, Maria McKee (Lone Justice), Lulu, Sheila E., Faith Hill, Kelis, Dusty Springfield. And I think Björk’s cute as a button.

Moonbeam, I’m with you on Polly Harvey. Not Madonna—I have never found her attractive.

Moeboid’s point is fair—of course it’s a little bit sexist and unnecessary to do this. But if I started a thread for best album covers (not much more relevant to music than this subject), nobody would say boo. Anyway, how much of what we talk about on this forum is “necessary,” anyway?

All cats are grey when heard through stereo speakers.

Moeboid – further to schleuse’s comment (and since I started this thread), I just want to add that a topic like this shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Of course this isn’t necessary, but it’s fun. And if you want to sit back and play the noble card while everyone else enjoys a laugh or two, that’s your prerogative. As guys, we’ve all turned on the MTV from time to time and said “wow, she’s hot”, and I see no harm in bringing those private celebrations of the female form into a public light.

A couple more: Aimee Mann, Shawn Colvin.

PJ Harvey is red hot I guess.
Bjork is very charming, doll-like.
In the past : LaVern Baker, Michelle Philips of the Mama's and Papa's, Jane Birkin, the young Nico, Kate Pierson
Young Tina Turner was very hot
The outmost of the hot woman is Pam Grier, she was not a musician has strong links to music.
But none of them compare to the woman on Rain Dogs' cover

Young Tina was hot, but that's all.
I didn't like her comeback, not what she did to her husbands' image (whatever he did to her)

Shawn Colvin…. interesting. And Jane Wiedlin has received a few mentions so far (she doesn’t do anything for me personally, but it’s funny how an electric guitar can add a certain something to an otherwise unattractive female rocker, eg. Courtney Love, Joan Jett).

Midaso – Colbie Caillat is cute in interviews (and borderline hot when performing), but her album cover is not flattering at all.

nicolas, based on your comments, I went and found a picture of Lavern Baker. Good call.

(I had never known what she looked like; her voice had always put me in mind of Big Mama Thornton...)

As long as we're going that far back, leave us not forget Billie Holiday.

Ooooh, very good call on Ms. Baker.

I noticed that Greg tried to sneak Britney in (without any qualifiers.) I'm assuming this is pre-train wreck Britney you're talking about?

Yeah, my mention of LaVern Baker was based especially on that picture.
Nothing to do (physically speaking) with Big Mama Thornton , the sexiest woman on earth..

my (female) co-worker just suggested Kim Wilde, which is a great idea

Katharine McPhee
Marilyn Monroe
Christina Aguilera
Jane Birkin
Cheryl Ladd
Iris Chacon
Samantha Jade
Thalia

There was a previous post about the same subject. I will recall to Tim’s #1: ex-Belle and Sebastian Isobel Campbell. I would add Neko Case and join other posters with Michelle Phillips, Sade, Kylie Minogue, Nico and… Björk. Yes I’m glad to see some others voting for Björk (I was thinking that I was some kind of pervert when I remember myself quite excited after seeing “Pagan Poetry” video).

Some women that are very good looking and also make good music :
Isobel Campbell
Debbie Harry
Nina Persson (The Cardigans)
Alison Goldfrapp
Candie Payne
Rose,Gweeno and Beckie (The Pipettes)
Ali Howard (Lucky Soul)
Aristazabal Hawkes (Guillemots)
Chan Marshall (Cat Power)
Emily Haines (Broken Social Scene)
Sharin Foo (The Raveonettes)

Don’t know why the link didn’t work

Netjade, just for mentioning my ultimate 60s crush, Mary Weiss, I will also include you in my top hottest women as well.

Dumbangel is into the older ladies.

Btw my personal ultimate female 60's crush was Fran Jeffries in The Pink Panther. Since I was a really young kid when I first saw the movie and since we both were brunettes I always hoped to become like her... well...

Who soon went on to play Talkatoo Cockatoo on Zoobilee Zoo. Remember that show?

P.S. Not really

netjade, that Pink Panther video is awesome !
Just watching Peter Sellers in the back of the picture makes me want to see the movie again
That man just makes me laugh
And the actress is, indeed, charming

What about the girls out of Hanson? Fair enough, the oldest one was a bit androgynous, but still...

I think the Nelson twins were way hotter.

Let's face it - female athletes are just sooo much hotter(I was going to post a picture here of a certain Russian tennis player but don't know how). But anyway,since she has dabbled in music a bit,the sexiest woman in music is unquestionably Scarlett Johansson...

1) Isobel Campbell
2) Michelle Phillips
3) Aimee Mann
3) Cat Power
5) Nancy Sinatra
6) Alison Goldfrapp
7) Miki (from Lush)
8) Cherry Curry (past her 20s of course)
9) Tracy Tracy (the Primitives)
10) Nico

Here's one from the 1960's:

More: Spectropop.

Nice one, Paul. If you start on the left and go right, they get gradually hotter.