View Entire Thread
Re: To hear new music

The geometry of innocent flesh on the bone
Causes Galileo's math book to get thrown
At Delilah who sits worthlessly alone
But the tears on her cheeks are from laughter

Answer: Highway 61 Revisited

for all weeks bar this one, i will chose 10, and you will pick one of those 10. but for this week, recommend any album from that top 100. i'm choosing a new 10 each week so that people don't get bored recommending the same album week after week.

by the way, you can recommend more than one but the aim is to convince me to buy an album so telling me how great an album is is probably going to convince me more than a simple list.

You seem to have a Dylan hole that needs filling. And what better place to start than where he first plugged in? 'Bringing It All Back Home' gives more chronological context to 'Highway 61 Revisited' and 'Blonde on Blonde.'
The advantage of 'Bringing It All Back Home' is that you have half electric Dylan and half acoustic, folksy Dylan. Except in a few cases, I think it's better to start at the beginning of the time line. Besides, if you don't like the electric half, you probably won't like 'Highway 61 Revisited' or 'Blonde on Blonde.' But you might like the acoustic half anyway, and that way your purchase won't be a total loss.