Go to the NEW FORUM
Since we've just done the albums, might be interesting to see what everyone's favorite songs this year are. I already have a list ready so I invite everyone to post his/her list as well. Or make one.
1) The National - Fake Empire
2) The National - Ada
3) Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson & D.O.E. - The Way I Are
4) Bruce Springsteen - Radio Nowhere
5) The National - Start A War
6) Robyn - With Every Heartbeat
7) Bruce Springsteen - Girls In Their Summer Clothes
8) LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends
9) Panda Bear - Person Pitch
10) M.I.A. - Paper Planes
My list is dominated by The National, but Timbaland takes the third place with a song I just can't get enough of. I'm not sure what it is, it's not my kind of music, it's not that special, but I just love it. M.I.A. gets the 10th place just for that brilliant refrain. *bang bang bang bang click ping!*
Neo, is there actually a track titled "Person Pitch" on PERSON PITCH? Did you mean to vote for "Bros"?
Whoops, yeah. I had the last 3 in my head and not written down yet. I meant Bros.
That's quite a lot of The National in your 10, Neo. But thanks to you and your love expressed for their album, I got curious in December and since then I love them too!
OK, this is still due to change heavily, but here goes my humble opinion:
1) The View - Superstar Tradesman
2) Wilco - Impossible Germany
3) The Shins - Australia
4) Iron & Wine - House By The Sea
5) PJ Harvey - The Devil
6) Wilco - On and on and on
7) The National - Ada
Shannon Wright - Defy This Love
9) LCD Soundsystem - Get Innocuous
10) The Aliens - The Happy Song
Bubbling under: "23" from Blonde Redhead, "Suffer For Fashion" from Of Montreal and "No Cars Go" from Arcade Fire.
Andre, sorry to point out that The Happy Song and Superstar Tradesman are singles from Sept and October 2006 respectively.
Will have a little tinkle with mine and get it up later.
No National on mine; just couldn't get into it.
1. Band of Horses – Ode to LRC
2. Arcade Fire – Intervention
3. The Shins – Phantom Limb
4. Interpol – No I In Threesome
5. Radiohead - Videotape
6. Blonde Redhead – 23
7. Band of Horses – Cigarettes, Wedding Bands
8. Interpol – Pioneer to the Falls
9. Spoon – Don’t You Evah
10. Eluvium - Amreik
Sorry, just couldn't keep it to 10.
1. Intervention - Arcade Fire
2. Someone Great - LCD Soundsystem
3. Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe - Okkervil River
4. Satan Said Dance - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
5. Phantom Limb - Shins, The
6. Icky Thump - White Stripes
7. Atlas - Battles
8. Is There A Ghost - Band Of Horses
9. Fake Empire - National, The
10. Listening Man - Band Of Bees
11. You Got Yr Cherry Bomb - Spoon
12. No Pussy Blues - Grinderman
13. Behave - Charlotte - Hatherly
14. Black Mirror - Arcade Fire
15. Almost Ready - Dinosaur Jr.
16. The Lowest Bitter - Les Savy Fav
17. Underdog - Spoon
18. The Past Is A Grotesque Animal - Of Montreal
19. News - Carbon/Silicon
20. Take Your Medicine - Cloud Cult
Yeah I know Andre, but they're just all so good.
Time to check out those "The View" and "Band of Horses" songs.
1. LCD Soundsystem, "Someone Great"
2. The Arcade Fire, "Intervention"
3. Radiohead, "Videotape"
4. The White Stripes, "You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do What You're Told)"
5. The Arcade Fire, "Windowsill"
6. Bruce Springsteen, "Devil's Arcade"
7. Of Montreal, "A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger"
8. LCD Soundsystem, "All My Friends"
9. Grinderman, "No Pussy Blues"
10. Radiohead, "All I Need"
“Boxer” looks so good on paper, but when I listened to it, it did nothing for me. I’ll give it another go – I must be missing something.
Neo, please let me know what you think of Band of Horses. Admittedly, the group’s sound isn’t for everyone; there’s a distinct southern flavor to their brand of indie rock that might deter more than it appeals. But the melodies still abound, and the one-two punch of “Is There a Ghost” and “Ode to LRC” is a dynamic out-of-the-gate blast of indie-pop goodness.
“Cease to Begin” flip-flops with “Neon Bible” as my favorite record of 2007 (and it appears that I represent 50% of its fans, according to the Pazz & Jop results.)
Andre, sorry to point out that The Happy Song and Superstar Tradesman are singles from Sept and October 2006 respectively.
Thanks for the info, Mitchell. My rule of thumb is to take the year, the song was released on an album, for I usely have no clue about single releases. But still, 2006 or 2007, they remain nice songs ...
"Boxer" or The National in general needs multiple listens, Anthony. Maybe it's the bariton voice of the singer, but after a while it gets really comforting (at least for me). The whole album is over before you know it, which in this case is meant as a big plus. On some tracks, like e.g. Squalor Victoria, you can definitely hear some New Order tunes, I like that too. The 80's are quite present anyway nowadays, some of the LCD Soundsystem tracks could have come from that decade as well.
Anyway, more homework to do: Besides Studio I never heard anything from Band of Horses.
I had the same experience with Boxer, but when I went back a few months later it really hit me as a great album.
A few reasons may be (1) all the hype about it gets you ready to be blown away, but the album's strength is more subtle, and (2) it's kind of a moody record with which you need to be in synch to really enjoy.
Once it hooked me (which just happened recently), I really took to it and have been listening quite a bit.
About The National
first time it did nothing to me
Second time: better but still not in my top 10
I didn't listen to Band of Horses yet but what I heard sounded ok.
For me, the album of the year was Wilco.
Other greats : LCD Soundsystem, Marie Knight (a 80-year old blues-gospel singer who did a wonderful tribute to Rev. Gary Davis with Larry Campbell, the great guitar player who played with Dylan on "modern times")
- Josh Ritter, great folk-rock (Loophole, yoy'll love that I guess)
- Richard Hawley, for the most beautiful anachronic album of the year (tie with Marie Knight). The last of the romantics.
Admittedly, the group’s sound isn’t for everyone; there’s a distinct southern flavor to their brand of indie rock that might deter more than it appeals.
why do you say that ?
for me, a southern sound IS appealing. At last, a little warmth..
Boxer is for me not a typical album that needs multiple listens. I rather think Boxer is a little too comfortable.
You’re right, nicolas – my comments were a bit short-sighted. It just seems that country and Southern rock get the short stick around here (my impression anyway), and that an album like “Cease to Begin” – which has countryish tendencies running throughout (heavily reverbed vocals, trebly guitars, Southern harmonies) – wouldn’t be well received among this group.
At times I’m guilty of forgetting my audience. You guys and aren’t typical music listeners; I know most here aren’t quick to dismiss certain bands based on a brief one or two line description.
P.S. Here's another Josh Ritter fan. "Wolves" is a great track.
I love country! It's my second favorite genre after rock and all it's incarnations. Time to listen to Cease To Begin.
Well alright, not all of them.
I know I might come across as someone who loves everything (except for Nirvana and The Beatles ) but as soon as "Is There A Ghost" started playing I loved it. The intro is really good. The rocking part a little less so.. but it's getting off to a great start.
I heard the album twice now, Neo. It's gorgeous! Looks like we should soon redo the Pazz&Jop poll, 'nietwaar'?
Indeed we should. I think that's a good thing to do anyway, edit your list when you're a way into the new year and albums have had a chance to settle and you've had a chance to listen to the albums you hadn't yet.
So Anthony, is their debut album any good? I saw pitchfork loved it.. but they're a bit strange.
Yeah, Neo - “Everything All the Time” is just as good (and maybe a little less “country”). The two best songs on the album are “The Funeral” and “The Great Salt Lake” – both epic indie-rock songs.
I saw pitchfork loved it.. but they're a bit strange.
Some people might think that of us as well
Haha, yeah probably. Just finished "Cease To Begin" and really really liked it. It'd probably knock Miranda Lambert off the 10th spot and maybe even climb up and over LCD Soundsystem and Patty Griffin.
I was just reading the Pitchfork review of "Everything..." and they reference The Shins, My Morning Jacket, Neil Young, and R.E.M (some favorites around these parts!)
I can hear elements of all four of bands in Band of Horses.
Yes, the same names pop up under 'similar artists' at AllMusic. As I wrote in another thread, the singer's voice reminds me a lot of My Morning Jacket. A bit higher than usual male voices, and changing altitude whilst trying to keep the same note.
I think they sound a lot like The Shins. A little harder/energetic.
Any love for Sea Wolf out there?
1) the Underdog- Spoon (25)
2) Tonight I Have to Leave it- the Shout Out Louds (15)
3) Same Old Drag- Apples in Stereo (12)
4) the Magic Position- Patrick Wolf (11)
5) Valerie- Amy Whinehoue and Mike Ronson (8)
6) Brandy Alexander- Feist (7)
7) When Your Minds Made Up- Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova (6)
8) the News-Carbon/Silicone (6)
9) An End Has a Start- the Editors (5)
10) Can't Believe A Single Word by VHS or Beta (5)
Sea Wolf is OK, I'm just tired of bands with Wolf or Wolves in their name. It's been done to death.
I think its even worse with all the Bears...
1. All my Friends-LCD Soundsystem
2. 23-Blonde Redhead
3. Stuck Between Stations-The Hold Steady
4. Devastation-Besnard Lakes
5. The Heinrich Manoeuvre-Interpol
6. Back To Your Heart-Dinosaur Jr
7. Bros-Panda Bear
8. Start A War-The National
9. Is There A Ghost-Band Of Horses
10. North American Scum-LCD Soundsystem
Best year in a long time...here' my Top 40, no repeated artists...
01. PJ Harvey – The Devil
02. LCD Soundsystem – Someone Great
03. Antibalas – Beaten Metal
04. Feist – 1234
05. Jay-Z – Roc Boys (And the Winner Is . . .)
06. Radiohead – Reckoner
07. Lil Wayne – La La
08. Empirical – A Tyrant's Tale
09. Terence Blanchard – Over There
10. Orchestra Baobab feat. Youssou N'Dour – Nijaay
11. Dungen – Familj
12. Gui Boratto - Beautiful Life
13. Spoon – The Underdog
14. Lucky Soul – Add a Little Light To Mine, Baby
15. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - 100 Days, 100 Nights
16. Yoko Ono feat. Jason Pierce – Walking on Thin Ice
17. Burial – Archangel
18. Jens Lekman – A Postcard To Nina
19. Tinariwen – Cler Achel
20. UGK ft. OutKast - Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)
21. The Go! Team – Grip Like a Vice
22. Amerie – Gotta Work
23. Kanye West – Flashing Lights
24. Grinderman – No Pussy Blues
25. Super Furry Animals – Suckers
26. Aesop Rock – None Shall Pass
27. Justice – D.A.N.C.E.
28. Robert Wyatt – Stay Tuned
29. The Good The Bad & The Queen – Herculean
30. The White Stripes – Icky Thump
31. Ghostface Killah – Supa GFK
32. Acid Mothers Temple – Crystal Rainbow Pyramid
33. Wilco – Impossible Germany
34. M.I.A. – Paper Planes
35. Rihanna – Umbrella
36. Arcade Fire – Intervention
37. Battles – Atlas
38. El-P – Tasmanian Pain Coaster
39. The National – Mistaken for Strangers
40. Bjork – Earth Intruders
1. Sunset Rubdown – Up On Your Leopard, Upon The End of Your Feral Days
2. Modest Mouse – Spitting Venom
3. Okkervil River – Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe
4. The Shins – Phantom Limb
5. Sunset Rubdown – Stallion
6. The New Pornographers – My Rights Versus Yours
7. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – Yankee Go Home
8. Handsome Furs – What We Had
9. Kate Nash – Foundations
10. Sally Shapiro – He Keeps Me Alive
11. The National – Slow Show
12. Architecture In Helsinki – Like It Or Not
13. The Apples In Stereo – Sunndal Song
14. Maximo Park – Books From Boxes
15. Kanye West – Stronger
16. Arctic Monkeys – Teddy Picker
17. Arcade Fire – Keep The Car Running
18. Kaiser Chiefs – Angry Mob
19. LCD Soundsystem – North American Scum
20. Bruce Springsteen – Radio Nowhere
21. The Go! Team – Grip Like A Vice
22. Okkervil River – A Hand To Take Hold Of The Scene
23. Of Montreal – The Past Is A Grotesque Animal
24. Spoon – The Underdog
25. The National – Fake Empire
26. Feist – I Feel It All
27. Arcade Fire – Intervention
28. Patrick Wolf – Overture
29. Tegan and Sara – Call It Off
30. The White Stripes – A Martyr For My Love For You
1. Studio - West Side
2. Battles - Atlas
3. Studio - Life's a Beach!
4. Radiohead - Videotape
5. Studio - Indo (Extended Version)
6. Of Montreal - The Past Is a Grotesque Animal
7. Feist - Intuition
8. Low - Murderer
9. Jens Lekman - Postcard to Nina
10. Lar Winnerbäck & Miss Li - Om du lämnade mig nu
yes loophole,sea wolf is one of my favorite artists this year and the most underrated debut, i listend too.
blame it on pitchfork ?
Off the top of my head...
LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends
M.I.A. - Jimmy
The National - Fake Empire
Okkervil River - Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe
The National - Ada
Spoon - The Ghost Of You Lingers
Radiohead - 15 Step
Band of Horses - Ghost In My House
Grinderman - No Pussy Blues
Miranda Lambert - Desperation
Tegan & Sara - Nineteen
Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position
White Stripes - You Don't Know What Love Is
!!! - Heart of Hearts
Battles - Atlas
M.I.A. - Paper Planes
The National - Apartment Story
Miranda Lambert - Down
Miranda Lambert - More Like Her
Miranda Lambert - Gunpowder & Lead
Of Montreal - Suffer For Fashion
Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation
Jens Lekman - I'll Be Your Boyfriend
Jens Lekman - Your Arms Around Me
I like country.
Except the country that people who like country listen to.
Like, every Toby Keith song I've heard could probably be re-titled "I have a big penis, how 'bout you?"
"I like country. Except the country that people who like country listen to."
Which answer is most correct:
(a) BillAdama likes country.
(b) BillAdama does not like country.
(c) BillAdama does not listen to the country he likes.
(d) Can't tell anything from the information provided.
Just joking around... But I think the answer is (c).
Some songs I really liked in 2007:
1. Arcade Fire – Intervention
2. Caribou – Melody Day
3. LCD Soundsystem – To All My Friends
4. Maps – Elouise
5. Arcade Fire – No Cars Go
6. Justice – D.A.N.C.E.
7. Robyn – With Every Heartbeat
8. Joni Mitchell – If I Had A Heart
9. Dinosaur Jr. – Almost Ready
10. Mariee Sioux – Buried In Teeth
11. New Young Pony Club – Get Lucky
12. Gerald Levert – DJ Don’t
13. Devin The Dude – What A Job (feat. Snoop Dogg & Andre 3000)
14. El-P – Tasmanian Pain Coaster
15. RJD2 – You Never Had It So Good
16. King Midas – West End Boys
17. High On Fire – Waste Of Tiamat
18. Chromeo – Fancy Footwork
19. Smif-N-Wessun – Gotta Say It (feat. Chuckii Star)
20. !!! – Must Be The Moon
21. Kid Sister feat. Kanye West – Pro Nails
22. Jason Falkner – Stephanie Tells Me
23. M.I.A. – Paper Planes
24. Maskinen – Alla Som Inte Dansar
25. Jackie Leven – Another Man’s Rain
26. Uffie – Dismissed
27. Groove Armada – Song For Mutya (Out Of Control)
28. Pase Rock – Lindsey Lohan’s Revenge
29. Midnight Juggernauts – Into The Galaxy
30. Georgie James – Need Your Needs
The correct answer is:
(e) BillAdama does not like the country that he listens to.
(e) BillAdama doesn't like people that like country.
Ergo: he doesn't like himself?
It's a real brain teaser.
Oh, forgot to mention Ween "Your Party", the most hilarious song I've heard in a while. It's not country that no one listens to though..
e) This statement is false.
f) BillAdama cuts the hair of every person who does not cut his own.
BillAdama hates pop-country.
f) BillAdama is a barber
Here's a quick top 20 (wanna guess what my favorite album of 2007 was?). Probably much different than what I'll have in a few weeks since I just discovered #19 and 20 this week and I just got Jay-Z's album which has a few awesome tracks on it.
1. LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends
2. LCD Soundsystem - North American Scum
3. LCD Soundsystem - Get Innocuous!
4. The National - Fake Empire
5. LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
6. Bruce Springsteen - Girls in Their Summer Cothes
7. !!! - Must Be The Moon
8. Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
9. The Field - Silent
10. Spoon - The Underdog
11. Blonde Redhead - 23
12. Les Savy Fav - Pots & Pans
13. Les Savy Fav - Patty Lee
14. Wilco - Impossible Germany
15. Arcade Fire - (Antichrist Television Blues)
16. Grinderman - No Pussy Blues
17. Patrick Wolf - Overture
18. Wilco - Walken
19. Gui Borrato - Beautiful Life
20. Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing!
Does anyone want to compile an actual consensus list of songs? I was thinking of doing one around mid-Feb if there's interest from other people and we'll be done with our all time lists by then.
I was thinking of making a list out of these lists later, perhaps somewhere in February.
1. M.I.A. - Jimmy
2. LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
3. Battles - Atlas
4. Rihanna - Umbrella
5. Arcade Fire - Intervention
6. Jay-Z - Roc Boys
7. Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent
8. Radiohead - Reckoner
9. Feist - 1234
10. Kanye West - Stronger
1. I'm Slowly Turning Into You by the White Stripes
2. Falling Slowly by Glen Hasard (Once)
3. Paper Planes by M.I.A.
4. All My Friends by LCD Soundsystem
5. Umbrella by Rhiana
6. Icky Thump by the White Stripes
7. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi by Radiohead
8. D.A.N.C.E. by Justice
9. Stronger by Kanye West
10. Videotape by Radiohead
Here's the joint.
100 Like A Thief - Spiders
99 Calvin Harris - The Girls
98 Skylon! – Gruff Rhys
97 The Displacements - Frontline Hearts
96 Sonny J - Can't Stop Moving
95 Slow Club - Me and You
94 Animal Collective - Peacebone
93 Girls Aloud - Black Jacks
92 The Strange Death Of Liberal England - Oh Solitude
91 Siobhan Donaghy - Don't Give Up
90 The Field - A Paw In My Face
89 The Aliens - Setting Sun
88 Let's Wrestle - I Won't Lie To You
87 Kanye West - Champion
86 Against Me! - Thrash Unreal
85 Explosions In The Sky - Birth And Death Of The Day
84 Panda Bear - Bros
83 Tacks, The Boy Disaster - Forgetmenot
82 iLiKETRAiNS - Spencer Percival
81 Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
80 The Twilight Sad - That Summer, at Home I Had Become the Invisible Boy
79 The Coral - Who's Gonna Find Me
78 Babyshambles – Lost Art of Murder
77 Maxïmo Park – Parisian Skies
76 PJ Harvey - The Mountain
75 We Start Fires - Play You
74 Manic Street Preachers ft. Nina Persson - Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
73 The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
72 Jay Reatard - I Know a Place
71 Cut Copy - Hearts on Fire
70 Super Furry Animals - Run Away
69 Vampire Weekend - One
68 Charlotte Hatherly - Behave
67 Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová - Falling Slowly
66 LCD Soundsystem - New York I Love You
65 Band of Horses - Is There A Ghost
64 Cajun Dance Party - Amylase
63 Foals - Balloons
62 Arctic Monkeys – 505
61 Björk - Earth Intruders
60 Rihanna ft. Jay-Z - Umbrella
59 Kate Nash - Foundations
58 Yeasayer - 2080
57 Andrew Bird - Heretics
56 Grinderman - No Pussy Blues
55 MIA - Jimmy
54 Late Of The Pier - Bathroom Gurgle
53 Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place
52 Glasvegas - Flowers and Football Tops
51 Tinariwen - Cler Achel
50 White Stripes - Icky Thump
49 Young Knives - Terra Firma
48 Arctic Monkeys - Do Me A Favour
47 Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip - Thou Shalt Always Kill
46 Ida Maria - Oh My God
45 Jens Lekman - A Postcad To Nina
44 Super Furry Animals - Let The Wolves Howl At The Moon
43 Robert Wyatt – Stay Tuned
42 Animal Collective - Fireworks
41 Lightspeed Champion - Galaxy of The Lost
40 Dizzee Rascal - Sirens
39 Field Music - A House Is Not A Home
38 The Teenagers - Homecoming
37 The Twilight Sad - Cold Days From The Birdhouse
36 Untrue - Burial
35 Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
34 Those Dancing Days - Those Dancing Days
33 The Good, The Bad and The Queen - Green Fields
32 Radiohead - Down Is The New Up
31 Battles - Atlas
30 Sophie Ellis Bextor - Catch You
29 Spoon - Don't Make Me A Target
28 Caribou - Melody Day
27 Radiohead - Reckoner
26 Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing!
25 Foals - Mathletics
24 Birds - Kate Nash
23 Roisin Murphy - Let Me Know
22 Candi Payne - I Wish I Could Have Loved You More
21 Burial - Archangel
20 Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position
19 The Arcade Fire - Windowsill
18 Super Furry Animals - Carbon Dating
17 UGK ft. Outkast - International Players Anthem
16 MIA - Paper Planes
15 Vampire Weekend - Mansard Roof
14 The Cribs - Men's Needs
13 LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
12 Black Kids - Hurricane Jane
11 British Sea Power - Atom
10 Glasvegas - Daddy's Gone
9 Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent
8 Vampire Weekend - Ladies of Cambridge
7 The National - Fake Empire
6 Cajun Dance Party - The Next Untouchable
5 1990s - See You At The Lights
4 Klaxons - Golden Skans
3 Radiohead - Nude
2 Laura Marling - New Romantic
1 LCD Soundsystem / Franz Ferdinand / John Cale - All My Friends
Here's my top 40:
1 . LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends
2 . Kylie Minogue - White Diamond
3 . Prince - Lion of Judah
4 . !!! - Must Be the Moon
5 . LCD Soundsystem - Get Innocuous!
6 . Kylie Minogue - The One
7 . Arcade Fire - No Cars Go
8 . Chromeo - Tenderoni
9 . Annie Lennox - Big Sky
10 . Björk - The Dull Flame of Desire
11 . LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
12 . Arcade Fire - My Body Is a Cage
13 . Robyn - With Every Heartbeat
14 . Kylie Minogue - Speakerphone
15 . Prince - Planet Earth
16 . Annie Lennox - Dark Road
17 . Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin'
18 . LCD Soundsystem - New York I Love You, But You're Bringing Me Down
19 . Chromeo - Call Me Up
20 . Prince - The One U Wanna C
21 . Chromeo - 100%
22 . Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
23 . Chromeo - Opening Up
24 . Kylie Minogue - Nu-di-ty
25 . LCD Soundsystem - Freak Out/Starry Eyes
26 . Björk - Innocence
27 . Arcade Fire - Black Wave/Bad Vibrations
28 . !!! - Heart of Hearts
29 . Annie Lennox - Coloured Bedspread
30 . Arcade Fire - Black Mirror
31 . LCD Soundsystem - North American Scum
32 . Hot Chip - My Piano
33 . PJ Harvey - When Under Ether
34 . Björk - Pneumonia
35 . Prince - Somewhere Here on Earth
36 . LCD Soundsystem - Watch the Tapes
37 . !!! - Yadnus
38 . LCD Soundsystem - Time to Get Away
39 . Chromeo - Fancy Footwork
40 . Britney Spears - Gimme More
1. Studio - Out there
2. Bright Eyes - No one would riot for less
3. Studio - Lifes a beach
4. Maps - It will find you
5. Modest Mouse - Dashboard
6. Wilco - Impossible Germany
7. Regina - Näinä mustina iltoina
8. Arcade Fire - My body is a cage
9. Kommode - Patient
10. The Shins - Phantom Limb
11. Apples in stereo - Sunndal song
12. Radiohead - Reckoner
13. Feist - I feel it all
14. Interpol - Pace is the trick
15. Studio - Indo (Extended version)
16. Lcd Soundsystem - Get Innoucuous!
17. Modest Mouse - Parting of the sensory
18. Robyn - With every heartbeat
19. Animal Collective - Peacebone'
20. CocoRosie - Promise
21. Of Montreal - Heimdalsgate like a promethean
22. Studio - Westside
23. Battles - Tonto
24. Modest mouse - Spitting Venom
25. Radiohead - Nude
26. The Good, the bad and the queen - History song
27. Maia Hirasawa - gothenburg
28. Electrelane - The Lighthouse
29. Radiohead - 15 step
30. Blonde Redhead - 23
31. Band of Horses - Cigarettes, wedding bands
32. Grinderman - (I don´t need you to) set me free
33. A Mountain of one - Brown piano (Remake by Studio)
34. Feist - My moon my man
35. The White stripes - Rag and bone
36. Brittany Spears - Piece of me
37. Timbaland - The way i are
38. Simbian mobile disco - Sleep deprevation
39. CocoRosie - Werewolf
40. Slagsmaalsklubben - Sponsored by destiny
I'm finally ready to punch out and put a song list together, even though I still have more 2007 albums to hear.
Top 40 songs of 2007
1. LCD Soundsystem All My Friends
2. Deerhoof Matchbook Seeks Maniac
3. M.I.A. Paper Planes
4. Animal Collectve Peacebone
5. Vietnam Poet, Priest, and Pig
6. Spoon Don't You Evah
7. Dude 'N Nem Watch My Feet
8. Fiery Furnaces Ex-Guru
9. Besnard Lakes Disaster
10. Caribou After Hours
11. Animal Collectve Winter Wonderland
12. The National Ada
13. M.I.A. Boyz
14. Grinderman No Pussy Blues
15. !!! Heart of Hearts
16. Deerhoof Cast Off Crown
17. Deerhoof The Perfect Me
18. Spoon You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
19. Animal Collectve Fireworks
20. The National Fake Empire
21. LCD Soundsystem Get Innocuous!
22. Arcade Fire Keep the Car Running
23. Battles Atlas
24. Dan Deacon Crystal Cat
25. Deerhoof +81
26. Deerhoof Choco Fight
27. Caribou Melody Day
28. Los Campensios You! Me! Dancing
29. The National Start a War
30. Radiohead House of Cards
31. Caribou Sandy
32. Deerhoof Believe E.S.P.
33. Besnard Lakes Devastation
34. Deerhunter Wash Off
35. Arcade Fire My Body is a Cage
36. Liars Houseclouds
37. Radiohead Bodysnatchers
38. Lil' Mama Lip Gloss
39. LCD Soundsystem North American Scum
40. Vietnam Welcome to my Room