Comment
Thoughts

Just as a matter of interest your thoughts on the works of:
The Carpenters
The Corrs
Hall & Oates
Savage Garden

Re: Thoughts

What an out-of nowhere thread! I love it -- nice and to the point.

The Carpenters

GREAT singles, albums a little tougher to take all at once. Karen had one of the best voices in pop.

The Corrs

Very very boring, but fairly harmless.

Hall & Oates

Underrated singles band. Not terribly full of substance, but that's not what they were there for. "I Can't Go for That" is a fantastic song.

Savage Garden

Just terrible.

The Carpenters
I love their singles too. If you haven't heard "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" yet, you should. The intro is just hilarious.

The Corrs
I kinda like a few of their songs. Nothing too fancy, but fairly decent.

Hall & Oates
Again a few songs I like. Rich Girl is my favorite one.

Savage Garden
I Want You is one of my guilty pleasures I guess, and they have a few other decent singles.

Were you going for the good-singles-no-albums-to-speak-of feel here?

Carpenters: Karen Carpenter had a great voice in terms of her wide range and expressive tone. Some of the songs are pretty catchy. So I would call it well-executed, fun, fluffy pop. Nothing wrong with that, if you're in the right mood. I wonder how Karen's voice would have translated to different, more substantial/artsy styles?

I never got much from The Corrs or Hall & Oats and I completely missed Savage Garden.

I can see the appeal of the Carpenters, although I'd never run out and buy an album of theirs.

The Corrs don't do anything for me at all.

Hall and Oates have some great singles. I've been looking for a good compilation of theirs, in fact.

Savage Garden annoys me to no end!

On the subject of Savage Garden, my thoughts are that 'Truly, Madly, Deeply' was the worst single of the 90s, and I would happily place my genitalia in a liquidiser in preference to ever hearing it again.

Thanks - I just wanted to see what you thought of these 'non acclaimed' artists,never mentioned all of which I enjoy. Of course The Corrs may lure me in other ways - probably being the best looking band of all time...

Another contender for best looking band would be The Pierces: