Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2008 AM Forum Top 100 Albums Poll - RESULTS (Part 5 - The Top 10)

1. Very nice list, good job Anthony.
2. I lament the fact that this time there was no Talk Talk album on the list.
3. OK Computer at number 1 is way to go. For the second time it saved the top 10 from getting the Rolling Stone magazine seal of approval.
4. More voters means this time all the most acclaimed albums are on the list, which seems more in line with the AM top 100. Last time Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Born to Run were left out, Jimi Hendrix barely made it.
5. "Funeral" at number 20 was a big surprise. I was surprised it made the top 100 in the last poll, and now it moved another 30 spots up. Quite a feat, considereding it came out so recently.ekn6

Well A belated thankyou,Anthony for compiling this list. Isolated from the internet on holiday this week,and having seen 100-36 I was wondering all week how it panned out. Well,I think I worked out most of the ones in the top 35 - the only ones which slightly surprised me were Bringing It All Back Home and Funeral

Thanks Midaso.

This might be a bit late (and I'm not sure if anyone cares) but I discovered that the presentation of the results looks different on Explorer than it does when using Firefox. (It looks better on Firefox, and that's the way it was intended.)