Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2008 AM Forum Top 100 Albums Poll - RESULTS (Part 3)

We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose. I might be completely wrong and "Born to Run" might be in the top 10, who knows. Although personally I always thought "Born is the USA" is his best work.

I think the Big Star vote might be split as well. I had "#1 Record" in my top 10, "Radio City" in the middle of my top 100 (should have been higher), and "Third" just outside the list.

They're truly a great band, list or no.

P.S. I also had "Born to Run" at No. 30, so there may be some hope Nicolas, but he will have to come in soon or he's not going to make it.

I was just thinking: In the '05 poll, some relatively recent albums (1997 or later) which haven't turned up this time around, were sitting not so far below the # 35 mark:

THE ARCADE FIRE "Funeral", SPIRITUALIZED "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space", THE VERVE "Urban Hymns", LAURYN HILL "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill"

I wonder if any of these -- most likely Funeral is the only plausible candidate, I guess -- is likely to be in the '08 top 35?

(Just goofing around while eagerly waiting to see what will actually happen).

Hi Anthony, just did a quick scan through the first 3 parts. Good work and nice way of presenting the results!

Happy to see my #1, Remain In Light, made it, bit sad it did not get any higher. In general, it's a fine list so far.

I won't have much time to follow the remaining 35 today, but will surely look into it tomorrow.

I had Born to Run in the 20's somewhere. I think it will be on here.

I was Born to Run too.