Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Bjork album should I get next?

I have Debut and Vespertine. What next? Acclaimed Music has each successive release lower ranked than the previous.

Also, should I bother to get Village Green Preservation Society? From the Kinks I have Lola, Arthur, Muswell Hillbillies, and Face to Face. Each of them I probably wouldn't put in my top 100, but would put in my top 200 if I extended the list that far. Is another Kinks album worth picking up?

Re: What Bjork album should I get next?

Heck yeah! You don't have the top two Kinks albums and you have all of those? Get Something Else too!

I'd go Post for Bjork.

Homogenic is Bjork's best.

Listen to Debut again, then listen to Post...they make for a pretty good combo

If you prefer Debut, go with Post. If you prefer Vespertine, go with Homogenic. Either way, Post and Homogenic are her best two. (I prefer Post, bt can see why others prefer Homogenic.)

Hehe, I'm going to be a complete contrarion and say "Medulla." For me it's her warmest work and different from anything else. But you can't go wrong with either "Post" or "Homogenic." "Volta" is pretty good, too.

Opinion tends to be split here. My friend says to go with Homogenic, so that can be the tiebreaker. (I'll probably eventually get both).

I'm skeptical about early Kinks because I'm only sort of into Face to Face. Maybe I'll just get whatever between Village Green and Something Else they happen to have used at the Newbury Comics a block away from where I'm working tomorrow.

Homogenic