The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
suggestion for the album polls result

Hey Anthony

Thank you very much for being so quick to give the results.
It is a hell of a list, a little too much inclined to the '90s an '00s to my mind, but I guess it is a generation thing.
What makes me create this other thread is a little suggestion about the presentation of things.
Some albums come without the mention of "fans", as they haven't been ranked higher than 10 by anybody.
But it would be fun anyway to see who ranked them, so why not create a "supporter" line with the hughest rankings ?
Unless it is too much work for you, of course..
Thanks a lot

Re: suggestion for the album polls result

Hey nicolas,

As my co-workers and I remark to each other frequently, "Your suggestion has been noted, aaaannd disregarded."

No offense, of course. I appreciate the suggestion, but given the large sample of voters, reporting the highest individual ranking (or a few) for each album would add more work that I'm willing to take on. Besides, when I indicate "did not appear in any individual top ten", it's really just another way of saying that "most generally like it, but nobody holds it such high regard as to award it a top ten placing." Either way, the point is the same: it's liked, but perhaps not LOVED. But regardless, if an album is in the top 100, it should be given its due consideration either way.

"As my co-workers and I remark to each other frequently, "Your suggestion has been noted, aaaannd disregarded.""

Ok, I'll try another one, because failing is better than not trying

Why not publishing the next results a little sooner in the day (the afternoon ?) so Europeans can participate too ?

(Anxious wait for answer)

Or even sooner, I'm quite bored at work sometimes !

/me raises hand in favor of nicolas' suggestion. I missed all the fun!

I hope it's posted early so I can see it before going away on holiday...