Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sticker shock

Anyone else have a set of albums you've always kind of wanted to nab but never wanted to pay the price?

I have two.

Lucinda Williams - s/t
Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs

The former is out of print and selling for like $40 used on Amazon. The latter is a triple disc and I've only ever seen it used broken up into separate discs.

Are these albums really worth the money, and is there a cheaper way to get my hands on them?

Re: Sticker shock

You can always find 69 Love Songs for around 25 bucks on Amazon. That's not too bad.

I'd really like the Beatles Captiol box sets they put out a couple years ago. They all have mono versions. But, I have mono versions of all the UK albums done by second hand sources which are excellent. I'd like to compare how the actual studio handled the mono mixes.

Yeah,most albums I can get for a reasonable price,but some are a bit of a pain to get:
Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life
Spiritualized - Ladies&Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything
All those late 70s Elvis Costello albums
Big Star - 3rd/Sister Lovers
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
But if I'm patient,these albums normally turn up 2nd hand somewhere - I looked around for ages for those Kinks albums,now I've got Face to Face,Something Else,Village Green and Arthur all being sent next week for about the price of the latest bestseller

Man, all of that stuff is pretty easy to find really cheap here in the States. I think I asked about shipping in the past but I don't think I got a clear answer. Is ordering off of Amazon and Ebay worthless for people overseas because of the shipping costs?

I also want to add that there are a bunch of albums I would love to have on LP in their original mono release. That's stuff that has never even been released on CD and it's going to be an expensive project.