Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AM on wiki?

metacritic is on wiki, why not acclaimed music? i was thinking of attempting to write an article myself, but i'm sure there are people here who could do a better job of it. is anyone up for the challenge? i think that AM would see many more visitors if someone got an article up, especially if someone was motivated enough to link to this AM article from other articles on highly acclaimed albums such as pet sounds. what do you guys think?

Re: AM on wiki?

If someone would like to write anything, I'd be very happy of course.

Moeboid, as you had the idea, I suggest that you write it and maybe if we have observations we'll tell you and correct the article
I'm sure you can do an excellent job

If i have free time i do the spanish version

I'll do the French

Merci Nicolas je suis sûr que tu feras honneur à Acclaimed Music (et à la France aussi ) sur Wiki.

i don't even have a wiki account... even if i did, lack of experience in writing articles makes me a poor choice. however, if no one else is up for writing it, i suppose i will do it...

If anyone feels like posting a non-commital first draft here, others could embellish on it. That would be truly Wiki. (I'd be happy to translate the end result into Danish for the Danish-language Wikipedia, although I guess anyone nerdy enough to enjoy him- or herself in here would probably be using the English version anyway).

Somebody who has an account should just set something up even if you don't write anything. You don't need an account to edit a Wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acclaimed_music

Edit away.

And uh.. edit any bad English I used of course and keep it neutral or it'll be removed.

And Henrik: Wikipedia wants me to ask you for permission to use the screenshot, so I figured I should do that. Can I use the screenshot?

Of course you can use the screenshot!

Thanks Neo!

I went ahead and added some content but I think there's a lot more that can be included. Maybe when I have a bit more free time I'll try to edit some more.

Please feel free anyone to change or add anything I included.

Excellent work. I added some links to the text you wrote.

I have requested that an admin capitalize the second word so it becomes Acclaimed Music, rather than Acclaimed music. So if you can't find the article anymore, or if you're planning to place links, please keep this in mind. Links on other pages should be [[Acclaimed Music]] not [[Acclaimed music]]. (This will direct to the wrong page for now, but this will be fixed quickly I hope)

"A Top 1000 Artists lists is also provided on Acclaimed Music. This is compiled by taking the top 5 albums and top 5 songs (as determined by Acclaimed Music) by each Artist or Group."

Is it still top 5 albums and songs, or top 6?

I changed it to 6 some time ago.

I can't find the Wikipedia page about AM anymore!?

Yeah, it was deleted in April:

"Tone deleted Acclaimed Music because WP:PROD, reason was 'No sources independent of the site to establish notability.'.."

i noticed that too. very sad. can something be done? i mean are there any "sources independent of the site to establish notability"?

That's pretty funny, because some of the other articles on Wikipedia cite AM...

"According to Acclaimedmusic.net, Pet Sounds is the most acclaimed album of all time by music journalists."

right you are! is writing something like that allowed? if so, maybe it should be added to the articles for a few more albums. might attract a few more people to the forums, and if it attracts a few more people to the website itself, maybe henrik can charge more for advertising and afford the time for a few more updates! (ok, possibly a little optimistic, but it's worth a shot, right?)