Go to the NEW FORUM
1. LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
2. Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
3. PJ Harvey - White Chalk
4. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising Sand
5. Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
6. Robert Wyatt - Comicopera
7. The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
8. The White Stripes - Icky Thump
9. Radiohead - In Rainbows
10. Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future
11. Björk - Volta
12. Battles - Mirrored
13. Neil Young - Chrome Dreams II
14. M.I.A. - Kala
15. Panda Bear - Person Pitch
16. Grinderman - Grinderman
17. Super Furry Animals - Hey Venus!
18. Voice of the Seven Woods - Voice of the Seven Woods
19. Feist - The Reminder
20. Bruce Springsteen - Magic
21. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
22. Babyshambles - Shotters Nation
23. Rilo Kiley - Under the Brightlight
24. Lessavy Fav - Let's Stay Friends
25. Kings of Leon - Because of the Times
26. Manu Chao - La Radiolina
27. Steve Earle - Washington Square Serenade
28. Rufus Wainwright - Release the Stars
29. The Besnard Lakes - The Besnard Lakes are the Dark Horse
30. The Good, The Bad & The Queen - The Good, The Bad & The Queen
31. Devendra Banhart - Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon
32. Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris
33. Tinariwen - Aman Iman: Water Is Life
34. The National - Boxer
35. Bill Callahan - Woke on a Whaleheart
36. Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
37. Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
38. The Cribs - Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever
39. Interpol - Our Love to Admire
40. Iron and Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
41. Justice - †
42. Richard Thompson - Sweet Warrior
43. Manic Street Preachers - Send Away the Tigers
44. Maps - We Can Create
45. Richard Hawley - Lady's Bridge
46. Von Sudenfed - Tromatic Reflexxions
47. Nick Lowe - At My Age
48. Thurston Moore - Trees Outside the Academy
49. Ry Cooder - My Name Is Buddy
50. Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond
1. LCD Soundsystem - North American Scum
2. Rihanna - Umbrella
3. Feist - 1,2,3,4
4. Battles - Atlas
5. The White Stripes - You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)
6. M.I.A. - Jimmy
7. Klaxons - Golden Skans
8. Mutya & Groove Armada - Song 4 Mutya (Out of Control)
9. Roisin Murphy - Overpowered
10. Dizzee Rascal - Sirens
11. Effi Briest - Mirror Rim
12. Kanye West - Can't Tell Me Nothing
13. Grinderman - No Pussy Blues
14. Lavender Diamond - The Cavalry of Light EP
15. Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm
16. The Hold Steady - Stuck Between Stations
17. Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
18. Babyshambles - Delivery
19. Caribou - Meolody Day
20. Joanna Newsom - Joanna Newsom & The Ys Street Band EP
I was just about to go out and buy this-not sure I can be bothered now. As usual with Uncut, this mixes old and new to interesting, and occasionally surreal, effect. Thoroughly deserved winner, dissapointing showing for The National. As for The Klaxons in the top 10...well,you expect the Mercury Music Prize panel to make a colossal gaffe every couple of years, but seriously? That album sounds like a really wishy-washy school music project.
LCD is killin' it!
Can't get used to it, so I'll just say it like that: Releasing a best of, while the year is not over yet, is just stupid. I know, some (or most?) magazines consider the year from december till december, but still ... Not sure, but I think it was Rolling Stone magazine that voted London Calling (the Clash) best album of the 80's, an album that was released in 1979. Hilarious!
Anyway, Moonbeam, did you know LCD just release another album? Rated 88 at metacritic:
That's been out for a couple years. It's just getting a proper release for the first time. But it's been on Itunes for at least a couple years.
Hmm, you're right, John. 45:33 was released in 2006 as an EP, but only in digital form via iTunes. Now it an official CD release, apparently including 3 extra tracks.
Yeah, I've picked up 45:33 but have yet to give it a spin. Apparently, some of it evolved into Sound of Silver, particularly "Someone Great". Looking forward to it.
Did the Hold Steady album come out in 2007 in Europe? It is one of last year's best, and I'm glad to see it getting its due across the pond (at least in one publication).
Yeah, apparently The Hold Steady album came out at the start of the year in the UK.It's definately one of the best of this year for me.I've been meaning to get hold of the previous two albums-does anyone have any feedback on how they measure up?
Separation Sunday is personally my favorite Hold Steady album and definitely worth checking out. Their debut Almost Killed Me is decent but in my opinion nowhere near as good as their last two.