The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amazon Editor's 2007 Picks

here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000167731&plpage=1

Re: Amazon Editor's 2007 Picks

LCD is at number 2! Looks like they are shaping up to finish in the top 5, a position well-deserved.

That's pretty honorable that they're actually honest and including In Rainbows at #4, even though they can't make any money from its sale at this point (though the cynic in me will point out this list was released on Cyber Monday). LCD should be 1, but it's a pretty good list even with Kanye. I always like when the Foo Fighters get their sliver of critical respect, though I haven't heard the new album yet.

Interesting going with Feist for #1.

Really good list in general. My only problems with it are Kanye West and Kings of Leon.

Kanye West is quickly becoming the rap version of Bono, and Kings of Leon are as whiny as Bright Eyes but without the poetic lyrics.

I usually like the upper end of Amazon's lists, and this is no different. But they do include a lot of formulaic commercial garbage lower down.

Hard to avoid that when you make a list as extensive as this one.. 100 albums, that's madness.

I don't get why Kanye West gets so much credit for what he does.

If Kanye West gets credit for the song 'Stronger', then I guess Puff Daddy gets credit for the song 'Kashmir'.

Well, since Kanye -did- write the lyrics, he does kind of "deserve credit" for "Stronger". As do the guys from Daft Punk, who are (if you bothered to, you know, look at the credits) also given proper co-writing credit for the song.