Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One more poll?

As intimated in another thread, Anthony and I are running separate polls of AM's favorite albums and singles at the end of the year. The songs list will offer an interesting comparison to the Bracketology results that are forthcoming. I just want to put out there the idea of a third poll where we rank our top 100 artists. I think it would be really interesting to compare it with the results of the Survivor thread. Obviously, we should hold off on this until Survivor has run its course, but I know plenty of you have your lists ready to go, and I'd be interested to compare our lists and see which artists that lack great acclaim can climb into the collective top 100.

Please share your thoughts.

Re: One more poll?

I like the idea. Kicking it off right after Survivor sometime in summer 2008, would be perfect.

At first thought, 100 artists seems like a lot to me, but maybe that'll work fine as well.

Might be better to do a top 50 or something. A top 100 would probably include a LOT of filler.

I know I've got 100 artists I like enough to include. Maybe it can be flexible for each person, say 50 to 200?

I agree
But let's do that later
We've got enough homework now
Why not in february or march ?

Wouldn't it be more interessant to make first of all a top 10 albums and a top 10 songs of 2007 poll during december (as we did last year) ?

I like it Moonbeam. Maybe after both polls are done?

I agree that we should hold off for awhile- until after Survivor is finished. We can do the Pazz & Jop albums and songs of 2007 lists at the end of the year, and maybe the artist list in the summer.

I'm getting confused at what's going on and what threads to comment in. Just sayin'.