Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Artists you hate in the top 20

So I'm reading through the top artists for the millionth time, and realize a few high ranking artists, I detest.

In the top 20 though there is only 2, Nirvana (not into grunge whatsoever) and Radiohead (not into whatever there style is either). Anyone else dislike some of the higher ranked artists?

Re: Artists you hate in the top 20

I like them all. Some are overrated, the top three are where they belong.

There are so many acclaimed artists that I don't like.
But I don't want to spare time to hate them. I just don't care. That's the reason why I don't take part here of such acclaimed artist/albums/songs game like Schleuse's "Bracketology".
There are so many artists that I like and that are not acclaimed as they would deserve. It's about them I want to spare time to talk.

I don't think there's a single band I hate. They're just making their music, expressing their feelings (sometimes the producer's feelings, but hey, they have feelings (I think)) and (I hope) having fun. They shouldn't be hated for that.

That being said, there's of course a couple I can't stand listening to, but they're not in the top 20. Yes, I've been pretty negative on Nirvana in the past (still haven't listened to those albums, too damn busy) but that doesn't mean I can't stand them. A few of their songs maybe, but hating a band? Nah.

Why would you hate any artists whatsoever? Why hate, or even dislike, artists that are into something different that your favorite genre. It doesn't make sense to me.

As I said in the Loophole round of the survivor game, to some extent I like all artists in the AM top 100, and from now on I'm going to write positive about the artists I'm voting out.

I agree, Henrik, that there is something to admire in each of the top-100 artists. Hell, I can't even play a single chord on a guitar, so who am I to throw stones.

But we're all here to have fun by exagerating minute distinctions among artists, albums, and songs that never should be in any sort of competition with one another. So I have no problem being critical about artists, while keeping in mind that everything is relative. Survivor could be down to my two favorite artists of all time, and I will then have to be critical of one of them. And I will exagerate my criticism to justify (to myself as much as to others) making these distinctions.

Hate's a word that gets thrown around pretty freely. I don't think many people use the word with much regard. I really don't think RustNeverSleeps would be disgusted or sick if he met a member of Radiohead or Nirvana face to face.

Now that I can use the word hate freely and without regard, there are a ton of bands I hate. There probably isn't anything in the top 100 that I despise though. But, I see no redeeming qualities in almost everything played on my local hard rock station. In fact most of that music produces the opposite of redeeming qualities. Is it an outlet or does it make angry people more angry? I hate that music.

There aren't any groups I hate, but there are some that I find butt-stupid (as are their fans). They're not in the top 20 because to be that acclaimed there'd have to be SOMETHING worth liking about them. Nirvana might be a bit overrated (though I think we'd find them plenty great if we were transported back to the wasteland of 1990) but Radiohead deserve every compliment and more.

U2. I absolutely can't stand U2. They have maybe 3-4 songs I like, and 30-40 songs I hate.

U2 is one of those bands that writes music around writing the sort of music that will be considered great. Like Phil Collins, except they get away with it. By now they're polishing their grammy before they even pen the first song.

I'm not that into Bruce Springsteen, but I do appreciate much of his work. I just wouldn't put him nearly as high as the top 20.

Led Zeppelin! I have always totally hated them they truly sound like one of the worst bands or any "music" I have had the misfortune of hearing! They along with Queen and Pink Floys are the only 3 groups that I have to get up off of my chair and turn off immediately!

I'm not alone in hating Led Zepplein(Dred Craplin) either I have found many people who hate them also and who feel they are one of the worst bands ever,even some people on heavy metal boards! Many people say that Dred Craplin stole a lot from old blues songs and besides mostly being loud banging around noise with no creative quality,and Robert Plant's screaming sreaching like a retarted monkey,many people say his lyrics are simple,ordinary and like a horny teenage boy wrote them!

The Who,The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix are all a Million times better and The Beatles are a *ZILLION* times better! Hell even Van Halen sound much better and I'm not even a fan of theirs!

I don't hate any of them, but I'm no big fan of Marvin Gaye. He's so dull. I know most people disagree on that, but it's my opinion. I'm not such a big fan of Neil Young either. The rest is good.

I can't stand The Velvet Underground. The singing turns me off.

Velvet Underground turns me on! Man, that band gets me moving.