Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

In the overview of 2007 I really miss a Dutch tribute. 7 Swedish magazines (Henrik's Swedish of course) but not a very important magazine like OOR (= ear)

Re: 2007

Could not find a Dutch magazine / website either yet, with 2007 album reviews that include ratings. I guess, we have to wait another month or so ...

As to OOR, personally I don't think it's that good or important anymore. I used to be a member of the magazine for over 20 years, but I cancelled about 2 years ago. The quality of the content got worse over the last years, IMO. And I did not like the change from a biweekly magazine format to the current monthly one. For album reviews I do not need to go to their web site, these are less informative than other sites like e.g. allmusic. Minor detail, but the website still has links leading to internal server errors (Moordlijst). Sloppy ("slordig")

Re: 2007

OK, maybe I was a bit too harsh on OOR last week. Got rid of quite some frustration there, though. After all, OOR is not so bad (the site only has one link towards an internal server error ).

Anyway, I did find an interesting new Dutch magazine, called Revolver. The magazine is an initiative from Tjerk Lammers, known from the 70's magazine Aloha, and it should compete with OOR. And the website (http://www.revolvermagazine.nl/) contains album reviews with ratings!