Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Are bloggers' criticisims allowed here?

I found this really cool blog site where a guy selects some great records...Do we factor what bloggers say. This guy seems smart.

Re: Are bloggers' criticisims allowed here?

I'm kind of wondering what Henrik's take on this is. It's tough to know where to draw the line, but music criticism is going the way of the blog, and I could name a handful that have as much knowledge than any mainstream critic if not more. Just look at the knowledge spewed on this forum. Blogs may not have the quality writing it takes to be a mainstream critic but they make better lists.

My answer has to be no. Blog-criticism is interesting, but my time is more limited than ever so there is no room for this.

Henrik, you're missing out. This guy really seems intelligent. I don't think you guys should write him off as just any other "mainstream" critic.

JB has a valid point. It might be even more valid if he, you know, told us who this guy is and provided a link to his (and by "his", I have a sneaking suspicion I'm saying "JB's own") website.

Henrik, you should really give some thought about this particular blog.

I should point out that some songs here on Acclaimed Music appear in the wrong year, and that you should seek lists that try to be objectionable as possible and cover the most important genres of rock music. Several of these critics lists are hogwash.

BTW, yes I know this site covers all kinds of music, but rock n roll makes up the majority of the songs here.

You still haven't told us which "particular blog" or which "guy".

I don't know what blog JB is referring to but I personally always thought stereogum.com was a great blog to read with some very knowledgeable writers. I love reading their album reviews and they have other great articles. If anyone else knows of some other interesting blogs they can post them here.