Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Guess The Album - Part 2

I'll take it upon myself to make the new post, since nobody else apparently is.

Only still running question is this one by Netjade:

Me got another one... which album did mark the #500 outpost slot on Henrik's somewhat initial since "broadly" published top_500_album list back in 2000? and moreover: which song parallely shared that red lantern honor at the same time?

Re: Guess The Album - Part 2

I played Sherman and entered the Wayback Machine and it still didn't get me back far enough. Considering Henrik's hard drive went kapoot, I'm guessing nobody is going to be able to get this unless they have archived every update (which I'm assuming Netjade has done).

The album I think is The Breeders - Last Splash(off Rocklist.net 20th Century's most favourably criticized albums). That's if this is the right list...Don't know about songs though.
OK here's one(not too hard,maybe) - the image on this album,Gene Simmons had trademarked it and received a cheque from Geffen Records when it came out

Congrats, Midaso, the Jelly Belly Bonet Bumper Holograms are on me!

since no one else has come up with a clue

this album has the least number of tracks of any album in the top 1000.

(there might be more than one... well it will be interesting to learn)

Moeboid - Would that be Ascension, maybe?

I'm not sure what you mean about the least amount of tracks part, but I know an album Gene Simmons has received a check from Geffen for is Teenage Fanclub's Bandwagonesque for the moneybag image. That album has 12 songs on it though: far from the least in the top 1000.

I know Tubular Bells has two tracks on it. I'm sure there are others with just two tracks too.

John, you've mixed up Midaso's clue with Moeboid's. Two different albums.

Moeboid: Don't Coltrane's previously mentioned ASCENSION and Coleman's FREE JAZZ both, technically, have only one track? The CD versions contain alternate takes, but the original album releases each contained a single selection.

John was right with Bandwagonesque - well done

i actually had tubular bells in mind, but it seems those two albums you mentioned, harold, did originally only have one track. so i suppose they would be more correct.

I think both of the albums have been solved, right?

Here's another one then:

This top 1000 album was originally meant to be a soundtrack for a movie of the same name.

Let it Be, though I think there are a lot of possible answers to this one.

The question is that it was originally meant to be the soundtrack of a film though. Let It Be was a soundtrack for a film to some extent. The album in question's songs were never in a movie or on a soundtrack.

John: Is it Neil Young's AFTER THE GOLD RUSH?

Hmm...that's probably a correct answer even though it's not the one I'm looking for. After the Gold Rush was based on a screenplay that never was filmed but you are right that After the Gold Rush was originally conceived as the soundtrack to that screenplay. So, After the Gold Rush counts.

But, this album was originally conceived as the soundtrack for a movie that was filmed and cancelled during the later stages of the filming process.

Here's another clue: The film was being made by the artist/group.

I just realized while looking through old posts that the original list was able to be found right in these forums.

My guess is Uncle Meat by the Mothers of Invention.

Nope that movie came out. It was direct to video but it came out.

Here's another hint: The album samples U2's Rattle and Hum.

KLF's The White Room!

Had to look up wikipedia to make sure, but the Rattle and Hum clue sounded familiar.

You got it!