Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
who here is in a band?

does anyone have some music of their own that they would be comfortable posting here? personally, i'd love to hear it.

Re: who here is in a band?

You can check out my solo stuff on www.garageband.com/artist/sashascall. It's all written/performed/recorded/mixed/blah blah blah by me. I have some help with some of the instruments though. These 8 tracks will be used on my album when it's finished. Right now I'm trying to get a band together to perform the material. The best order to listen to them is:

Because You're Mine
Tornado With a Halo
S E L F
Black Old House
Born to Break
Which Side Are You On
Pirates
Become What You Behold

i've had a listen. some tracks are ok. i admire you for actually being able to write songs... i'm trying to start a band and i'm struggling heaps with songwriting. who would you say are your influences? i'm hearing pixies a bit.

Some tracks are ok?! They're all great!! Sigh...what do I expect from the person who couldn't find a good song among Aretha Franklin's Respect, U2's One and David Bowie's Changes........

My influences are all the artists on the site here though I'm particularly fond of Neil Young, David Bowie, The Band, Bob Dylan, U2, etc. A few people have made a Pixies connection, which is kind of strange. Most of these songs were written well before I heard any Pixies song. But, if there's any band I'd love to be like, it's the Pixies.

oh, they're on the site? i didn't see them, sorry. neil young... that was something else i heard actually.

and, it's not that i dislike all of those songs, i just didn't think any of them deserved to gain a no#1 vote from me. U2 have better songs. david bowie has better songs. the other two just aren't artists that i'm interested in... so no, i don't think they're terrible. just didn't think any deserved to be advantaged/disadvantaged by me voting. oops. should probably have explained this when i posted my vote...

Royal Fortune is the name of my band, you can find our music here: www.myspace.com/royalfortune

I'm in a band though just starting to play out. Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Beck, Coldplay and The Who are my influences. I listen to progressive rock and club music to get other ideas.

In 1999 I've started a band with 3 of my friends. Our band name was The Freak Outs. I choose this name because I was impressed by the definition Frank Zappa gave to the Freak Out state of mind in the booklet of his first LP with the Mothers of Invention. But our music was more conventional than FZ
In 1999 we were still in total post-"OK computer" shock and pre-millennium tension .
The only two songs that we wrote before we splitted were "today, tomorrow" (a song about a girl I loved today and tought I was also gonna love tomorrow and certainly forever ) and "coming soon" (a song about zombies that were coming into town ).
We were trying hard to sound like Radiohead but it finally more sounded like Travis B-sides...
No matter, that were good times. We were young and we were dumb. At 30 I now assume my love for music but I have stopped my rock'n'roll star dreams !

I'm curious to hear what the experts have to say about my old band that never made it. The tracks are available to download
here

not bad, loophole. a friend and i are going to start seriously writing music these coming holidays. if anything decent comes out of it, i'll let you guys know.

Thanks Moeboid. But its too late for us! The tracks I posted are 14 years old. (Back from when we were under 30 and still able to perform rock music!) I was just curious whether they were any good, since you cannot really listen to your own stuff objectively. Now we all have "real" jobs.