Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiest

Is it just me or is she getting played on every commercial imaginable? Every week I see a new commercial with a song of hers. Even Moby's Play didn't get as many hits as this record. Sounds great though!

Re: Fiest

She's on the Ipod commercial, right? What other commercials is she on? Is she the one on the Gap commercial?

No that's Ingrid Michaelson. Who's much better than Feist in my opinion.

It's kinda cool for me because I was hooked into that scene before it exploded because I worked in a bar where all those guys toured through (Broken Social Scene, Apostle of Hustle, Stars, Metric, etc.). Of course it doesn't help when you're as awkward around musicians as I am. I met Feist in line for drinks and couldn't think of anything intelligent to say so after a couple of seconds of staring at each other after initial hellos and autographs she just turned back! It's not just musicians I'm awkward around though. Just tonight I asked the cashier in the Pakistani take-out place across the street for matches to take back to the studio to record some burning flesh (beef jerky - for a horror-type of song I'm working on). He gave me a lighter and told me to give it back right away so, using my brain, I lit up a napkin, gave him the lghter and tried to take it back across the street before the napkin burned up. I didn't even get to the door before it reached my fingers! The trucker in line said, "This your first time experimenting with weed?" So embarrassing yourself in front of Feist is stupid but nearly burning down a popular Pakistani take-out joint in an effort to record burning beef jerky for an intro sound effect is much stupider.

great story !
you should make a song out of it
a song about awkwardness

If Fiest does backing vocals it'll probably get played in the next Target commercial. I think the press loves her more than the critics.

Other than the Ipod commercial, which ones are Feist?

The Gap commercial might be her actually...I haven't seen it. I was thinking of an Old Navy commercial for Ingrid Michaelson.

Yeah; actually I meant Old Navy.

She's in a jewelry commercial and a cell phone commercial. I spelled her name wrong didn't I? I should try to remember that i before e that they taught us in grammer.

Actually, I think in this case you have to forget that rule!