Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OK Computer vs Nevermind

I think "Ok Computer" should be the number 1 album of the '90. "Nevermind" is a very important album that change the music in the '90 like "Nevermind the bullocks" did in the '70 (with much more strenght). But like the latter, it's seems tied to his era while "Ok Computer" trascend the time and it is still modern and beautiful.

Re: OK Computer vs Nevermind

I'm gonna have to go with OK Computer. Neither of them is in my top 100, but I dislike pretty much everything Nirvana did. Go overdose!

OK Computer is much better than Nevermind,so is 'The Soft Bulletin' by the Flaming Lips(1999) and several other 90s albums...

Ok Computer is better but Nevermind was more important.

Maybe according to Rolling Stone, but when I hear todays music, the bands that are really good and acclaimed as such obviously have some Radiohead influence. Nirvana inspired a whole bunch of bands to make pretty bad music. That's not Nirvana's fault, but when considering influence you have to look at what they were actually influencing.

It's really tough to compare these two though because they are only the same in the fact they were groundbreaking albums. To me, Radiohead will be a classic in the vein of Sgt. Peppers/Pet Sounds which have universal acclaim. Nevermind might be more like a Zeppelin II/The Wall and become a classic rock radio station staple.

I like OK Computer more, but again we're comparing two completely different albums that came out at opposite ends of the 90's.

John, i really like your post and I totally agree with you but if you listen to "The Bends", Nirvana's influenced Radiohead as well.

Yeah, Nirvana did have a big part in the shape of the 90's sound. But, that really isn't influence. Influence comes into play in the next generation from the kids who listened to the music and went to the shows. Grunge just kind of shaped the scene. All of the bands that became big were the same kind of sound because that's what was hot and therefore they were signed and were able to get records marketed.