Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Never Mind the Bollocks vs. London Calling

Which was the better album. For me it's London Calling.

Re: Never Mind the Bollocks vs. London Calling

Agreed. Do we need to motivate our choices?

Probably London Calling but I love Nevermind the bollocks as well...

Well, at this point, you know my answer: London Calling is, I think, the finest album ever made. Every time I listen to it, I hear something new.

That said, Bollocks is absolutely wonderful. In bracketology, a few people have suggested that even if the Sex Pistols are important, nobody actually listens to them anymore...frankly, that's hogwash. Yes, they were a bit of a manufactured punk band, but their songwriting was just brilliant. (And John Lydon established his bona fides later on with PIL, as far as I'm concerned.)

In 41 years of listening to music, London Calling is the best thing I've heard. When I first discovered the record (double vinyl in those days), I wore it out listening to it over and over again.

For a punk rock record it has a little bit of everything, style wise. There is a powerful message but it isn't preachy. And it just flat out rocks. Hooky without being cliche or predictable. There is plenty of humor too.

No Clash record even comes close, although there are plenty of great moments on their other discs.

That being said, I also love the Pistols' record.

The Clash, no contest.

Never Mind the Bollocks definitely...London Calling is great but there are a few songs that I could just do without

For me it's London Calling, no doubt
I particularly like The Guns of Brixton

Forgot to say that, if I like a couple of songs (God save The Queen and Anarchy), I can't stand the whole album : it's a bit repetitive

D'you guys hear they're rerecording Never Mind the Bollocks? What a bunch o'desperate wankers. All this proves is that they're so untalented they can't even think of new songs to write.

Well it looks like London Calling could be a possible chart topper when we have the top albums poll here...

They are only rerecording Anarchy in the UK, not the entire album...

To me, London Calling is a real album, while Never Mind the Bollocks was more of a statement. London Calling by a mile.