Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Downloads Vs. CDs--Can you let go of the plastic?

Can you guys give me some tips on how to get high-quality cover art for albums online? It was mentioned earlier how easy it was, and if I could have album art to look at for digital albums, it would a close approximation of the “traditional” CD buying/listening experience for me.

Just did a little search, http://www.allcdcovers.com/ looks ok to me. They had the 3 new album I checked and 2 obscure ones I looked up.

Cover art: If you have i-Tunes, you can click on "Get Cover Art" and you will usually get a nice picture - even for some CDs that are not available on i-Tunes (including tracks that you upload from discs or get from other on-line sources).

If this doesn't work, you can always try to search on Google images.

Itunes is the best in terms of quality, but sometimes Itunes asigns the wrong album cover and sometimes doesn't have an album cover. A good place to go is All Music Guide and cut and paste. You can pretty much get anything from there, but the quality isn't nearly as good. You can also go to Amazon.com and click on the album art and copy and paste. I haven't tried it, but I think the quality might be a little better than AMG.

Do you have to pay a monthly fee for Emusic?

You do have to pay a monthly fee for eMusic, so make sure to cancel your membership if you don't want it anymore. I accidently forgot and paid $20 over two months. You get 50 free downloads I think when you sign up, however you have to give a CC# to subscribe. You can cancel after you download the 50 and get no charges though ;)

Is there a divice where you can directly download music from your cd player to your ipod? That's so logical I'm suprised I don't see anyone trying to do it. It saves you tons of money and it would be easy to do.

You'd need an mp3-rip program, there's quite a few out there, basically it just rips the CD into mp3's which you can put on your iPod. If that's what you mean. :)

Itunes of course - just import the cds...

But that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. What I want is to not have to rely on a computer to get my cds on my ipod. I simply want to download music direstly from my portable player to the ipod. No computers, nothing but the cd player itself.

You'd need to make your iPod be able to run a rip-program, because there's quite a distinct difference between the music on a CD/DVD and the music on your iPod. (assuming a legally bought CD/DVD)

Obviously an iPod is not made to do so, and neither is any mp3player as far as I know, that's what a computer is for.