Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thing that pleases (or dissapoints) you must from the update

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde 7 to 6! Hopefully will one day be in the top 5 where it belongs``

Re: Thing that pleases (or dissapoints) you must from the update

Frank Zappa finally getting a song in the top 3000 was great. Although I'm not sure which version of Willie the Pimp is considered Part I and II. I thought the version from Hot Rats from 1969 was just Willie the Pimp?!?

Like other people, I love the previous rankings on the spreadsheet. It let's you root for your obscure favorites to make it higher.

My Morning Jacket - Z down 102 spots makes me sad. I really love that album. Sure, It Still Moves went up 365 places, but I really don't get the hype about It Still Moves.

I also was happy to see Bruce bump up a spot with Born to Run and the Dismemberment Plan's Emergency & I bumped up 64

Oooh, and Kanye West's albums both dropped.

Prince's 1999 has been gradually sliding down for years, and now languishes at 183. That record is Prince's best and it would thrill me for it to be in the top 100. Also, Annie's Anniemal dropping so much is disappointing. The Eurythmics albums still don't get the love they deserve.

As for good things, I'm happy to see The Cure continue to climb.

Just found out the Deerhoof finally makes an appearance in the 'bubbling under' albums section! Yes!