Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update question

First off, obviously: Thank you, Henrik! A most welcome sight at the beginning of the day. I look forward to diving into the new lists.

I do have a question. I can't help but notice that you haven't incorporated this year's albums into the list, and I'm just curious as to why that is. (I'm sure NEON BIBLE would at least be in the top 500, and a couple more - LCD, the late great E.S., etc. - in the top 1000.) I'm not complaining, just wondering. Again, thanks for the update!

Re: Update question

Thanks Harold!

I think that, from now on, new albums will never be included in the alltime list before the EOY lists.

But my plan is to have more focus on new albums through the meta-spreadsheet (or whatever shape it may take in the future, can everyone access Excel sheets?)

I can't access the spreadsheets... is there any way you can post the 2007 updates in the forum also? Thanks!

Nan, I just found out that everyone can download the program Excel-Viewer for free from Microsoft. Maybe you would like to give it a try at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN.

I tried to save the Excel sheet as a html document, but then it loses some features, such as sorting buttons and vertical text. The result is quite ugly.