Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which splitted or dead band do you want to play again ?

Hey Anthony:

I haven't heard much of their stuff, but Mission of Burma has been talked about as a band that reunited after 18 or so years and produced solid work.

It is hard to think of others though.

Mission of Burma huh? I'll check them out.

I'm not completely ruling out a Beatles reunion. But if they got back together, could they perform their own songs? Doesn't Wacko Jacko own their catalogue?

Back to Urban Hymns for a second, or as I like to call it, Richard Ashcroft's first solo album. Because really, that's what it is.

That takes my classic-album-by-a-reunited-band count back to 0.

Um, Anthony, what the heck are you talking about re: "not completely ruling out a Beatles reunion"?

The Fab Four -will- be reunited one day, but it will not be in this world...

(After George Harrison's death, the American satirical newspaper The Onion ran a headline that said, "Beatles Reunion 50% Complete". Tasteless, but funny, along the same lines as their "Ebert Wins" headline following the death of movie critic Gene Siskel.)

It was a joke, though apparently not an obvious one. I figured since this is an acclaimed music forum and it's contributors should know at least a little bit about music, that I'd be given the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry, Anthony. Sometimes it's hard on a board like this - where opinions (or opinions offered as fact) are passionate, unpredictable, and occasionally truly off-the-wall - to know what's seriously intended and what's ironic. Apologies for the misinterpretation.

It's not your fault Harold; I really should've been more obvious. And I completely understand where you're coming from; I probably would've had the same reaction had I been in your position. You were probably thinking "wow, this guy's an idiot!".

Beatles Reunion 50% Complete.... that one gave me a good laugh. Quite tasteless, but sometimes those are the funniest.

Good call on Mission of Burma. I would say that Obliterati might have been better as a complete album than anything else they have produced.

Reunion albums are not always crap. I remember having loved the 1997 come-back album of Echo & The Bunnymen. I still even think it's their best album. "Nothings lasts forever" is a classic and Noel (or Liam I'm not sure) Gallagher sings some beautiful "yeah yeah yeah"s in it

I've heard about a Suede reunion. Is it right ? With Bernard Butler ? It would be cool. Suede was so great in the 90s and I love the Butler guitar playing, he did some amazing solos.

One band who could make GOOD reunion shows and album is definitely Jellyfish. In the 90s no one care about them but today they begin to be considered as cult-band by many power-pop aficionados like me.
And the 3 guys are always on the top of their game : Andy Sturmer (with the L.E.O. project led by Bleu), Roger Manning (awesome solo album + many side-projects like TV Eyes, Malibu, The Moog Cookbook, Imperial Drag + musician on stage with Beck), Jason Falkner (brilliant solo career of 3 ou 4 albums + collaborations with Air and Beck). It would be so great they play again together. I love this band.

Would anyone consider the Wu-Tang's upcoming album to be a reunion? It's only been about 6 years since their last one, so maybe that's just an extended break. Plus, I guess they've toured a little bit. That's going to be something special seeing how most of those guys are still at the top of their game.

Neutral Milk Hotel. They ended too early.

Uncle Tupelo

Given what their members did afterwards (Wilco, Son Volt) that'd be great

Neutral Milk Hotel makes me think of Olivia Tremor Control. I want a come-back !
Sunshine Fix is good, Circulatory System is great, but a OTC reunion would be awsomely great !!!

Big Star with Chris Bell rather than Jon Auer. Can't happen of course, but it sure would be cool to see.

i would like to see at the drive in get back together. i prefer them to the mars volta.