Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Albums on the List

Who are your favorite artists that have ZERO albums on the acclaimed music list?

Mine are Lush, the Pale Saints, the Primitives, the Beautiful South, the Pastels, Curve, Apples in Stereo, Dressy Bessy, Mansun, Cast, Inspiral Carpets, Ned's Automic Dustbin, Her Space Holiday, the Delays, Rooney,the Concretes, JJ72, the Cardigans, the Catherine Wheel, Republica, Shonen Knife, Of Montreal, Mull Historical Society, the Frames and the Lilys.

Re: No Albums on the List

Pedro the Lion

Off the top of my head: Charlie Sexton, the Judys, Pylon, Brave Combo, Love & Rockets...I'd say Hank Williams, but that's probably cheating.

Good call on Shonen Knife.

Game Theory.

Think that might be Jackie Leven. The most underrated artist that I know of. Why he's not more acclaimed is beyond me. A couple of his albums, especially "Fairytales for Hardmen" (1997), should be on the list.
The catalog of his former band Doll By Doll was reissued this spring, by the way. Everyone should check that out. The stuff is so great it hurts!

Bob James
Christina Aguilera
The Crusaders (no studio albums)
David Axelrod
The Free Design
Grant Green (no solo albums)
The High Llamas
Juan Gabriel
Marcos Valle
Michael Franks
Roy Ayers
The Mizell Brothers
Download Mizell Bros. Sample Mix http://marc4hero.podomatic.com/enclosure/2006-12-20T14_49_12-08_00.mp3

I forgot to put in the Trashcan Sinatras and Kitchens of Distinction.

The Barenaked Ladies are NOWHERE to be found on the site's lists.

Laura Cantrell

Don't take it from me. Here is a quote from the late, great John Peel:

"My favourite record of the last ten years and possibly my life is an LP by a New York woman born in Nashville called Laura Cantrell. It's country, and I don't know why I like it, but it has the same sort of effect on me as Roy Orbison had in the '60s."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/artists/l/lauracantrell/

BNL/Larry Norman

I'll second Barenaked Ladies and add in Larry Norman. The man practically invented the Christian rock genre.

I forgot the House of Love

I agree with Tim about Trashcan Sinatras.
The High Llamas only have 1 album mentioned in AM but they deserve more.