Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3 criminally underrated album?

Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here
Cream-Disraeli Gears
The Beatles-Magical Mystery Tour

Re: 3 criminally underrated album?

Sorry, but since two of those albums are in the AM top 200, it's difficult to consider them "underrated". Now, IN THE AEROPLANE OVER THE SEA, _that's_ underrated.

I do think that "Magical Mystery Tour" is a perfect example of "underrated". Even critics don't deny that it's top-notch Beatles, yet they find it easy to exclude it from lists because of some pointless reasons. I've heard that it wasn't suppose to be a real album, and that it's really a thrown together collection of songs from that time + the album cover looks more like a phony ad for a single.
"Sgt. Pepper's" came out first & introduced the new Beatles sound to the world + it has one of the greatest album covers ever. If you switch the release dates & album covers between these two albums, then a lot changes in the way these albums are rated.

I've always liked magical mystery more than sgt. peppers. They're both great albums but mmt has I am the Walrus. I am the Walrus = Instant Classic Album

Their buddies the Apples have made better records. I think Liz Phair's Whitechocolatespaceegg, the Frames Live "Set List" and Camera Obscura's "Underachiever Please Try Harder" are heavily overlooked along with Soundtrack of Our Lives Behind the Music.

A criminally underrated album : "Spiltmilk" by Jellyfish
It's easily one of the best albums ever.

Cat Power- Moon Pix
Elliott Smith- Either/Or
Wire- Pink Flag

1)Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers 2006 - not even ranked - outrageous

2)Ten - Pearl Jam - 1991. I'd have to say this is the best album of all time and its only 143 or something

3)The Beatles - Abbey Road. i thought that was their best one

1. Gary Higgins: Red Hash
2. Minnie Ripperton: Come To My Garden
3. The BeeGees: Main Course (don't laugh, just listen)

NONE of these made the Top 3000! Oh, the injustice!
Here's an idea: What if we changed this thread to your top 3 that didn't make the top 3000? THAT would be a good way to define underated IMO.