Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bruce Pollock's 7500 Most Important Songs

Is there any online list I can take a look at? Or do I have to buy the book. A list would be appreciated. :)

Re: Bruce Pollock's 7500 Most Important Songs

I have uploaded an Excel sheet with the 7,500 songs. The format is a bit inconsistent, with some song names written in the same column as the artist. Hopefully it's not too messy.

The document only has 7402 rows. That's because the A and B sides of a single are sometimes on the same row, and in some cases both the A and the B side were included in Pollock's book. They are then written in bold. However, in a lot of cases only one song is among the 7,500 and then only this song is written in bold.

Again, thousand thanks to JR who put together this list for me. The inconsistencies described above is by no means his fault. It was because I sent him different sheets to fill in the information.

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Forum/Pollock.xls

Thank you Hendrik, and JR. :)

What's the point of a list like this?
He must have put every song he could think of...
It just dilutes the quality and value of the whole thing.
Even Journey and crap are on there.

Bury his project.

While...

7,500 seems likea LOT, do you realize how many songs there have been in the history of recorded music?

If anything, this just enhances those already within the top 3,000. For acts with little to no acclaim (i.e. Journey,), doesn't make a difference.

No Surf's Up, Life On Mars or Beyond Belief...but if he collected songs from Billboard list the list is ok. Thanks for listing it here anyway!

The Coasters - Down In Mexico is in (from "Death Proof")!

wtf this is just a guy who's writing a list of all the songs he knows......with no point to it

Actually...

there is a detailed explanation in the book intro, and there is commentary to go along with most of the selections.