Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Apples In Stereo

I bought their Velocity of Sound record and loved it. It was punky, fuzzy, fast and fierce. I don't understand why the critics hated this record. Is their earlier stuff and loud and fiery as this record? What is their best release to date?

Re: Apples In Stereo

Their first releases were more psychedelic, while their latest records are more like power-pop. I don't think they've made a more punky and fuzzy record than "Velocity of sound". But it's not their best album in my opinion, my personal favorite is "The discovery of a world inside the moon", which is very poppy and sunny album. The new one, "New magnetic wonder", is good too, sounds a little like ELO.

Just purchased their new record "New Magnetic Wonder". For anyone not familiar with AIS this is the place to start. For pure power-pop it does not get better than this. Absolutely one of the best of 2007 so far.

I hope they make the list this year. They've released so many great records, it's time for them to get their dues.

The new record really is good. I'm listening to it on their myspace. I hope it has the lasting power to reach as many year end list as Cat Power's last record which also came out early in the year.