The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is your RYM user name?

Thanks for the add Henrik. i' haven't been on these boards for a while ;)

I've got frazze at #28, and MrKite at #89. Funny how out of all the RYM users a couple AM people are on there. Is there certain kind of music that attracts list junkies?

I'm dan1066 at RYM.

I'm AlRog.
I've rated a bunch of stuff and made a list of my personal Top 180 but not much else there. I guess i should start making some friends, huh?

I'm Tony_Montana_2 at RYM

Eddo78

mfl

Time to move this to the top again.

Any RYM users who haven't signed up here yet?

Just registered, under the name "rearden" (for 100 points, can anyone name who/what I'm referencing?)

Now, off to work on my top 100 albums.

Hank Rearden from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged?

Brilliant, Neo!

I'm niclejeune
I have a top 100 list but I didn't rate that much

My RYM name (still) is DrDre.

I have a few lists over there: 100 favorite albums, 20 favorite artists, albums of the year (5 per year), songs of the 90's and soon there will be a 200 favorite songs list (working on that).

Andre (previously known as DrDre)

#1 on my compatibility list is frazze (Henrik), #2 is dr_Robert (Robban). Robban, are you/is he still 'active' on this forum?

Maybe I should try to join RYM. Any recommendation?

i think it is RYM and AM are very complementary
RYM helps you organizing your tastes
In AM forum you share and discuss

I'm still AlRog on RYM and it's addictive over there. I'm closing in on 11,000 ratings! (probably 75% singles)

BTW, some genres that are very under-represented there (especially in singles) are soul/r&b, country, and AM oldies. So if you like any of those genres get on RYM and give 'em your 2 cents!

I have the same name at RYM as here: goodfelladh

I've just gotten started at RYM, so right now I'm going through my collection and rating the albums.

Well, I finally joined RYM. My name there is Barranco and so far I’ve included my Top 101 all-time list (you can find it here). With only 100 abums ranked Henrik is already in my compatibility list!!

I am GeirH.

I am slowly modifying my list, because I'm adding a few pre-album artists' compilations (leadbelly, Jimmie Rodgers, Robert Johnson so far)

So far the first AMer in my compatibility list is... Henrik (Frazze) at nb.20

Andre: Yeah, I look in here from time to time, particularly this time of year when the EoYL come. :-)

Good to hear from you again, Dr. Robert. Last time was at RYM, where your recommended a Teenage Fanclub album to me.

BTW, I put my review of Wilco's Sky Blue Sky also on RYM, and somebody (administrator?) put it on the main page. Quelle honneurs!

Hey guys, I'm adding a bunch of you. My username is johnfgillson.

Same as here: musictoad

What is all of your criteria for stars? It seems you guys are really generous!

Ha! My #1 on compatibility is dr_Robert. Is that because my friends have him on their list, or is it a very strange coincidence?

I've gone completely OCD with this thing (combined with my massive free time at work) and started rating singles. My guilty pleasures are going to be outed.

RYM user name is: brumblepie

orangebeaker

Re: Re: What is your RYM user name?

I just found it about RYM, its pretty fun, my name is FatherMcKenzie...

I posted and it put it in the middle of the thread for some reason... Anyway I just joined RYM and my user name is "FatherMckenzie"...

hahaha, cool jem. I saw you added me as a friend on rym the other day, then I come here and see you post about joining rym.

You need to rate and catalogue more stuff on rym!!

Ya I know, right now I just want to post my 200 an make comments on all of them, I got about a 30 page paper to write so I'm trying not to get too obsessed

C'mon, it's all about priorities, jem! Get yours in order!

Everytime I research an album it always seems like you've rated it, musictoad. But, you've only rated 600 albums so you must have just listened to everything I'm interested in hearing!

Time to resurrect this topic.

I've gone a bit crazy with sorting for RYM. It's kind of like an addiction at this point. Anyway, my RYM username is HeroicPenguin, in case anyone cares to add me.

cwfarley2 on RYM; Henrik is my number 2 compatible; of course, I think that's a function of his rating 1,600 albums. But then again, I'm not the statistician! I like your taste Penguin. I really like Boxer by the National, and it seems like Alligator might be good too. Henrik, glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't care that much for Boys and Girls in America.

pop_elton

Just create my account.
My username is Nassim
I'm quite surprised it was not taken before !

I have a user called frazze as my #1 too (same one?)
The bar doesn't look very long though!

My username is Comodo.

There's only one frazze and that's me! (Although here I'm simply Henrik.)

I don't know why I'm so compatible with everyone, but my collection pretty much looks like the AM list and that probably helps.

It's strange given the differences in our tastes. I'm hideously pop-oriented in comparison. I guess most AM people have a few hundred highly-rated items from the top end of the list in common though, and the list is bound to have a number of items that might not be in other common top album lists.

my name's boneykingofnowhere
whether this is relevant or not, idk

I love that RYM puts a little note on your user homepage now when friends write reviews or make a list. I read all of them now, instead of just when I think about visiting the friends page.

woot-woo, love RYM
my name is: heylittlehouse

My username is: bdrose89
It has been a great help for the forum polls here and the obvious cataloging features.

sorry for bringing this back up, but I thought I should. my RYM is joobalooba. Only got it today, haven't rated much yet.

i've added a couple of you guys as friends there, feel free to add me. my username is 3 posts above.

I've found sooooooo many really awesome albums there

I've just decided to start getting active on RYM. My user name is JGov05. Also, I just added a bunch of people from this thread.

I haven't rated a lot of stuff because I mostly do that on my website and to do it twice seems superfluous. Anyway, my username is: Neoptolemos

I've just created a new account "antonius65"

Listyguy.

I thought I should bump this thread. My nick is obviously dr_Robert.

slicktified27

Henrik
Since a while ago, you can create your own list of favorite users at http://rateyourmusic.com/test/fav_list. For each album you then go to, you will see the average rating of your favorite users. The individual favorite users' ratings will always be shown in the top of the page.

So Dear AM visitor, if you are a RYM user, I would be very pleased to add you to my list.

By the way, my name is frazze.

This is funny. I added you as a friend some time ago while I didn't even know you were the Henrik of AM. I added you because you quite high in my compatibility list! Number eight currently.

My RYM name is the same as my AM name.

DanM

Added a bunch of people since I finally got around to rating a decent number of albums.

Henrik is #2 on my compatibility list and Andre #6, the latter makes sense but I'm not sure Henrik and my tastes are really that compatible.

Henrik is #2 on my compatibility list too. He must have a very eclectic taste in music.

I seem to be in top of everyone's list. My guess is that my collection is "AM-formed" and therefore similar to a lot of people's collections. Yes, my feeling is that the compatibility ranking is based on collections rather than taste, which isn't optimal.

I'm HeroicPenguin

Dr Robert's been my number one comparison for quite a while now. Other AMers are on that list too.

I'm adding all of you as my RYM friends. We AMF people gotta stick together. ;-)

SuperFurry77 is my tag - although I haven't rated that many albums on there.

hey AlRog, just realized you're the one who made the RYM Buttnumbathon list. great idea & thanks for doing that, i've found lots of cool people through that list. i'm grmaurer over at rym. and you should join in on our movie polls here, we're in the middle of 1983 right now.

SJner