Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arctic Monkeys for dummies

Well... (sigh), i dont see much enthusiasm for their record here in am, its kind of strange coz i thought that the injustified hate againts any kind of hype was in RYM, and these is just a good record, loud, fast and catchy that can be related (easily) with some other good british (sometimes also overhyped) albums like "Definitely Maybe", "Up the Bracket", "Modern Life Is Rubbish", "Outlandos D'Amour" by the Police, etc.

Its entertaining, dont deny it :b

Re: Arctic Monkeys for dummies

doesn't it already have a super high spot on the 2006 list? I mean, isn't calling it the 187th best album of all-time pretty generous?

I agree. I didn't sound like anything from the late 70s and 80s like every other band on the planet and it's an entertaing and fun record. There's only one song I don't really care for off that record and that's saying a lot cuz I usually find quite a few stinkers in most records.

It's a brilliant album, that went from hyped to underrated. A pity.

It'll get that #1 for 06 soon. Joanna Newsom is phasing out, Dylan's released better and TV on the Radio will have another album to eclispe their last. That will leave the Artics at #1 again

"up The Bracket" is one of the worst albums of all-time. God! i hate The Libertines, it's just poseur music for the stupid and gullible NME kis!

NME is no Artrocker magazine :-) I liked Up the Braket though. Better than Baby Shambles. There's a new band on this Ipod commercial that sound just like the Libertines