Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New forum poll - a suggestion

I have an idea for a new forum poll. It is a poll of the best album of a decade that would be done in 11 steps over 11 months. Let's say we're doing a poll of the best albums of the 90's, then my idea is this:

Each month from January to October we would send our top 10 lists of 1990, 1991, ..., 1999 which would be compiled into a combined top 10 for each year. In November we would then rank or rate all the 10x10=100 albums we have heard for a final top 100 albums of the 90's.

Well, does this sound like a good idea? Is the concept any good? Do you think it would be fun to run a poll over such a long period?

Re: New forum poll - a suggestion

I like the idea but over 11 months it's maybe too long.
Wouldn't it be better to send lists of a given year during one week or 10 days instead of one month ?
So the poll of a decade would only last 3 months instead of one long year.

By this way, we could make the polls for 4 decades in one year. It seems cool, doesn't it ?

count me in for this idea... sounds fun.

Hopefully if we don't like 10 albums from one year we can just submit as much as we want.

I like the idea, except what if we spread the albums part over the first 6 months of the year...then, we might be able to do the same thing for the top singles of the 90's over the last half or something...but count me in no matter what

I'll participate.

I like the original poll-suggestion posted by Henrik best.

Thanks for your comments!

To make it possible for everyone to participate in each poll, I think one poll per week will be too often. And I wouldn't be able to focus on the AM updates as much as I'd want to.

And I think it will be easy for all of us if we use the end of the calendar months as the deadlines. What we could do is to send in ballots for both albums and songs at the end of each month (if someone wishes to send in lists of albums/songs only that would of course be fine too).

Sounds good to me. Now that it's Jan. 1, what year are we going to do this month?