The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NME End of Year

Well, there you have it: NME has officially topped Q fro the worst list of teh year

Disagree, this list isn't all that but it's top 10 is so much better than Q's.

Nope its top 10 is just as bad.

It looks like the hype from Arctic Monkeys never died down. I took in all the praise earlier this year, and songs like ...Dance Floor and A Certain Romance hooked me and convined me to buy the album. But I've listened to it twice and "Whatever..." really doesn't have any staying power for me.

I don't recall many Monkeys defenders around here, but I'm interested in hearing how this record has become so acclaimed. Can anyone offer any ideas on how this album has had enough staying power to be #1 on at least a handful of lists I've seen on this site?

I'll echo the sentiments that records I've heard this year have been dissapointing. I was into Danielson and The Knife when I bought them, but they have become just interesting sounding records, nothing epic or worthy to be claimed my faves of the year.

I'll stop being so long-winded...

The NME was one of the biggest hypers of the Arctic Mongos so it's really no surprize that it topped their list. When the album came out NME declared it the 4th best UK album ever...

[Jonah] But I've listened to it twice and "Whatever..." really doesn't have any staying power for me.

Twice, eh?

OK, I might have listened to it 3 times... So should I give the album another go? Usually 2 or 3 times is enough to put the album on the top or bottom of my shelf. I've got other records to listen to, you know.

no junior boys :( i'm sorry. i'm in love with that album.