Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Debut

Why is Debut by Bjork so high on the list? I rarly hear people raving about Debut being her best record. Most people say Vespertine and Homogenic are her best efforts. To me it sounds a little dated.

Re: Debut

I always hear a lot of praise for Post but the way I see it is whenever there's an artist who is loved more for their style than content critics find it hard to place one album over another. So when they're forced to choose one album from an artist they usually refer to the debut because that's when they first got acquainted with the artist and is probably a good starting place for everyone else too.

Than why is Moon and Antartica by Modest Mouse is all of a sudden getting rave reviews. It wasn't a debut and it was pretty much panned by the press. Is it because it was more "indie" the Good News.. and their fans were so bitchy about them making it big? I say the Moon... is trying too hard to be like the Surfer Rosa of the 00s but it really doesn't deserve all the hype its getting.

Although great, Debut hardly showcases Björk at her best. I'd rank Post, Homogenic and Vespertine all comfortably ahead of Debut.

I have to say I think Debut and Post are her best. Homogenic? No thanks.

i love debut. my favourite bjork album by far actually. second would have to be verpertine. i never really enjoyed post...

Homogenic is the best of Bjork's albums, or at least it's the most accessible.