The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New update October 24, 2006

Finally an update! Great work, Henrik. I must say it is disappointing there was hardly any movement in the top 20 after so many lists were added. But some of my favourites moved up, so it's actually. "Laughing Stock" jumped almost 100 places! So only 500 more to go :)

Yes...

one of them ore notable movements is that that irrelvant musical artist Madonna now is top 50. :)

Henrik, any thoughts on how to handle those albums in Paul Roland's book that weren't rated, but were in the "essential" section or whatever it was? Remember, they were included and then they were taken out.

Again, excellent work this time out. So much ground to cover, yet you make it look easy (when it's not, of course).

RoboFist...

just saw that that list didn't make the cut this time, H. Don't lose sight of that one next time. ;)

The RobotFist site does not exist anymore and I can hardly find anything on the web that tells me it has ever existed. Thus, its impact seems so small that I decided not to include their list. Anyone who knows more about RobotFist?

Henrik, any thoughts on how to handle those albums in Paul Roland's book that weren't rated, but were in the "essential" section or whatever it was? Remember, they were included and then they were taken out.

I'm not planning to do anything with these few albums. Especially since being mentioned in the essential section is no guarantee of a high rating. Rush's "2112" is mentioned as an essential album and got 2 stars!

Robofist...

Henrik, that site was online at least as of a few months back- and, I had posted the top 100 here:

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/3172289350/show/480046

Similar to the Wanadoo thingie, that mysteriously vanished from cyberspace!

I have to look at that Paul Roland book again- weird that it would have one of those albums in that section, and it get only 2 stars in the ratings section!

JR, I know you posted the list in the forum, that's not the problem. The source must have some kind of reputation. If I had no source limitation there would be thousands of lists posted on the web to be added.

Excellent work on this most impressive update! I, and I'm sure many other Canadians, are very happy to see Kingston, Ontario's "The Tragically Hip" and Halifax, Nova Scotia's "Sloan" finally make the list. I also really appreciate the additions of other genres of music to the list, it's enabling me to expand the range of my library much easier.

Thanks, eh!

the Tragically Hip made it? Sweet!

In Utero Dropped! Outrage! It's A worthy Top 100 album !

Update looks great Henrik. Thanks, brillant stuff. Only problem seems to be that you've included that recent NME best songs of 1996-2006 list which was in fact voted for by the NME.com users/readers.

OK, I'll drop that list in the next update then. Thanks.

Looks like Siamese Dream climbed slightly.