Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need of a new site name/address?

I hate the fact that www.acclaimedmusic.com is not available (nor is the content on that site meaningful at all). Most likely more people would find my site if I could use that address and perhaps even some people who have heard of my site go to the wrong place and never find the correct one.

Obviously, if you read this you don't have a problem with this. But maybe you have thought about it? Anyone who think I should consider changing to another address? Any suggestions of a new name/address/solution?

Or, perhaps this is a neglectable nuisance?

Re: Need of a new site name/address?

How about www.henriksacclaimedmusic.com? It might not be a bad idea to put your name on the site, particularly if it allows you to use a .com address.

im sorry but no one would remember henriksacclaimedmusic.com

maybe www.acclaimedalbums.com and/or www.acclaimedsingles.com?

I don't think this is a big problem... Everyone will use Google and find this page if they've heard about it or been here.

I think you might just need to advertise. You know, press releases, that sort of this. That is, if you really want to attract more people.

Henrik, I absolutely love your site (one of my top favourites), and I think it's a real pity that not many people know about it (and it is also a pity that the domain name acclaimedmusic.com is already taken).

here are some other domain names that might work, but are probably no better:

AcclaimedMusicNet.com
BestInMusic.com (which is apparently up for sale right now)
TheBestInMusic.com says the directory listing is denied
CriticsMusic.com
MusicMusic.com is available
MusicOfMusic.com
GreatMusic.com
TheGreaterMusic.com
I also like the idea of 'acclaimedsongs.com' and 'acclaimedalbums.com'
acclaimedartists.com is also available

sadlly, 'greatestmusic.com' and 'musiccritics.com' are already taken (by the same company, it looks like)

however, I still like 'acclaimedmusic.net' the best of all those.

Right now I am studying graphic design, and if you're interested, I'd be more than happy to make a logo or title design or some promotional banners for your site (don't worry, you wouldn't have to use any if you wouldn't want to, and I would not want to charge you anything)...I think this is a great site! I am not familiar with web site design yet, but I am experienced with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, so I would only focus on emblems, etc.

(If you want to see some samples of some stuff I have made, here are some sites you can visit:

http://www.freewebs.com/dbone828/artwork.htm [different paintings, drawings, logos, etc]
http://www.freewebs.com/weeworkforjesus [the logos in the background as well as the banner]

I won't be offended if you would prefer not to take the offer (in fact, I hope I am not offending you by offering...your site looks great, but I think it deserves a logo or emblem to go with it)

Anyways...let me know what you think, and keep up the GREAT work!!

Henrik, do you know for a fact that more people actually *would* find the site if the name ended in .com? Don't most people use search engines to find stuff when they are not 100% sure of the address?

That being said, of course your work deserves the widest possible readership ("viewership"?), so if you're convinced that the address is a hindrance, I guess you should go ahead.

I don't know what effect a site address change would have, that's why I started this thread. But I do know that people always react a little surprised when I tell them the name of the site. "Dot net, huh?"

Thanks for all your tips! I particularly liked 'greatmusic.com', I might get the hold on that address and link it to acclaimedmusic.net. And perhaps I will change the name of the site to "Great Music" in the future. I would like to know if you think this is a good or bad idea?

Daniel, I love your artwork! And it's no secret that AM (if www.am.com was available, that would be something!) needs a logo. Please send me an email and we can discuss it more. Thanks!

I dont like the idea, what about??

theacclaimedmusic.com

i like that a thousend times better that any other

I like the site name as is.

At lest, keeping the "acclaimed" as part of the name, whichever solution you settle on, is a wonderfully precise indication of what actually goes into the site. "Great" is rather more subjective :-)

I agree with Snusmumrik, "acclaimed" is more true to the content of the site. If you want to have the .com suffix you might try acclaimedsounds or, as someone suggested, theacclaimedmusic, but I think it's fine the way it is.