Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who Else Is Buying All The Acclaimed Albums In Order?

I was wondering who else is collecting all the acclaimed albums indiscriminately?

I started last week with the highest one I didn't have: Sly & The Family Stone's 'There's A Riot Goin' On'. It's clear why it's so acclaimed.

I am tempted to over-look albums from this decade for the moment. I don't want to end up buying another Kula Shaker album.

Re: Who Else Is Buying All The Acclaimed Albums In Order?

hey! i'm doing the same thing hahaha. not in order. but i'm gonna get them all one day... unfortunately i only own 160 albums :( but hey, i thought that was pretty good considering... i'm only 19 and i only started getting into music 2 years ago... since then, i've bought 140 albums :D hahaha. not bad for someone who earns just $70/week (AUS$) from teaching guitar and spends most of that on train tickets and petrol so i can get to TAFE and back hahaha. but yeah, almost every CD i've bought since getting into music has made acclaimed music. sometimes i buy albums by bands i've never even heard of just because they're ranked highly... and i've never regretted doing so.

Yep, that's what I'm doing. I grew up in a strict gospel background. I play piano by ear. I was just introduced to rock and acclaimed music seemed to me the most sensible way to build a rock/pop discography. Way to go Henrik and co!

Wow! I had no idea my site could have such an impact! This thread REALLY makes me wanna keep up the work!

Now I have to get up to speed with the next update so that you have to re-order your shopping list.

Thank you! I've only made a list of the next ten albums I don't have in the acclaimed list.

This really is the greatest web-site on the internet.

Has anyone made CD-R's of the most acclaimed songs? Sounds ideal for a party.

I'm not buying them in order but I would like to own all of them one day. I'm also compiling an ITunes playlist with all of the AM songs.

Yes Henrik,
this site has an huge impact. I already owned a lot of CD's & LP's. But I always wanted to have the best/ most important albums ever made. So I started myself compiling all the bestof-lists I could find into one... just when I found this great homepage.
And since then I am flicking the holes of my collection by the order of acclaimed music.
I don't know what I would do without acclaimed music!!!

And I forgot:

Yes, I also burn "Greatest Hits"-CDs in the order of acclaimed music's "Greatest Songs". And after every update I have to make the decision whether I should start all over again...